CEDEC represents the interests of more than 1500 local and regional energy companies – mostly in public hands – serving 85 million electricity and natural gas customers & connections, representing an annual turnover of 120 billion €. CEDEC was founded as a non-profit organisation in 1992 in Brussels and has been actively advocating the interests of its membership towards decision-makers and other stakeholders in European Union policy-making processes.
On the vacancy for a “Policy Officer”
We are currently looking for a Policy Officer to reinforce our team in the centre of Brussels, offering outstanding information and interest representation services to our European member associations and companies.
The policy officer will contribute to develop and strengthen an extensive network across the EU institutions, in view of conveying the messages of member companies and their shareholders to all actors involved in the policy-making processes on EU level (European institutions, regulators, other stakeholders).
He/she will do this by :
– following up the latest developments and analyzing policy proposals;
– drafting policy position papers, reports and presentations;
– collecting and coordinating member’s positions on very diverse topics (technical, legal, financial);
– preparing and following-up on working groups and other internal meetings;
– representing the association in external expert groups;
– contributing to CEDEC’s external and internal communication (press releases, social media, newsletters).
On the required key qualifications:
– Master degree, preferably in European politics, European law, economics or engineering;
– Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in (lobbying with) European institutions, preferably in energy and energy-related climate issues, having sound knowledge of EU regulatory processes;
– Excellent written and oral English is mandatory, other relevant EU languages are a strong asset;
– Excellent writing and presentation skills;
– Strong interpersonal skills, with the necessary sense of diplomacy to manage the relationships between persons and associations in a European environment;
– Proactive and able to work independently in a dynamic environment;
– Open-minded & balanced personality, ready to contribute in a flexible way to a small but motivated team;
– Supporter of public sector involvement in the energy sector and companies with local roots, and sensitive to political argumentation;
– Team player;
– Good sense of humour.
What do we offer ?
An interesting and comprehensive salary package in line with the required high qualifications.
A challenging European environment with room for ideas, initiative and personal development
If you think you are qualified and feel inspired, please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com with the reference “Policy Officer” until 8 April 2016 at the latest.