Siegfried Muresan, MEP, is recruiting an Accredited Parliamentary Assistant. The main tasks are linked to the activities of the ECON Committee.
- Preparing speaking points/questions/briefings related to the work of ECON Committee or debates at EPP Group level;
- Proposing/drafting amendments;
- Following votes in committee/plenary;
- Following developments in the economic and financial sector at EU level or debates at EPP Group level;
- Maintaining contact with Secretariat staff, EPP Secretariat or offices of MEPs.
- Providing suggestions and handling speaking time requests;
- Drafting press releases.
Administrative support to the MEP:
- Handling MEP agenda, office email/phone calls;
- Booking plane tickets/service cars;
- Organisation of conferences/seminars/groups of visitors/other events;
- Other responsibilities.
Profile and Requirements
- University degree in Economics or Finance;
- At least 2 years professional experience in an economic environment; experience in EU institutions is an asset;
- Knowledge of European political and economic landscape;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in French or German is an asset;
- Knowledge of Romanian is not required but constitutes an advantage;
- Proven analytical and drafting skills;
- Good organisational and IT skills, good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to new issues, proactive attitude, self-motivation;
- Positive attitude to new challenges and working as a team player.
- Possibility of contributing to key EU decisions on economic policy;
- A professional work environment;
- A one year contract with the possibility of extension;
- A competitive salary.
Applicants must submit their CV (English, max. 3 pages), Covering Letter (English, max. 1 page) to email@example.com, by Friday, 9 October 2015 17:00 CET.
Interviews and written tests – before end of October 2015. Preferred starting date – 15 November 2015.