Member of a young and international team, the intern will be part of the Political Unit. The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Assist in the administrative management of political projects implemented by member parties and co-sponsored by the ALDE Party.
- Assist the ALDE Party’s political unit with technical and political advice on on-going issues, notably within the field of campaigning and primarily include elements of data monitoring and mining.
- Assist in the research and development of a liberal policy database to provide ALDE Party and its member parties with election campaign and communication material based on liberal achievements in the European Parliament.
- Assist in the organisation of workshops and seminars.
- Maintain and update the ALDE Party members’ database.
- The candidate should be available for a period of 6 months.
- S/He must be accurate, well organised and able to work independently in a small international team. S/He should be flexible, able to manage a variable workload, manage priorities and adapt to a busy environment.
- S/He must have excellent computer skills and notably advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Additional knowledge of statistical software such as e.g. SPSS or similar would be an asset.
- The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), and will have both an eye for detail and necessary focus on in-depth analytical work.
- An understanding of European politics is desirable and in party politics in particular is needed. An affiliation with liberal party politics and values would be an asset.
- The place of work will be Brussels but there could be occasional travel within Europe.
The ALDE Party is a Belgian non-profit seeking international association and its staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law. The intern will be offered a "Convention d’immersion professionnelle" contract.
The position is available as of Monday 4 January 2016.
Please mention "Political Unit intern vacancy" in the subject line.