COGEN Europe is the European Association for the Promotion of Cogeneration. Cogeneration (also known as Combined Heat and Power or CHP) is the most efficient way to deliver electricity and heat. It is based on the simultaneous production of electricity and heat, both of which are used. COGEN Europe promotes the widespread development of cogeneration in Europe. We are currently looking for a Communications Intern, starting mid October 2015.
- Research and compile data on national CHP markets and policy environments in EU member states.
- Prepare, manage and update websites, databases and mailing lists.
- Provide support for event organisation.
- Liaise with members including national cogeneration associations and manufacturers.
- Assist with other (communication) activities.
- Proven work experience in the Brussels environment (EU institutions, company, association or NGO).
- University degree.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Full mastery of English; working knowledge of other major European languages is an advantage.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with practical aspects of event organisation.
- Experience with Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop) is highly appreciated.
- Interest in EU energy policy.
In return the internship will allow the stagiaire to:
- Gain valuable first-hand experience of EU energy policies and the EU decision-making process.
- Improve and showcase research and communication skills.
- Have the opportunity to learn how European projects are set up and coordinated.
- Have the opportunity to participate in a number of external events in Brussels.
- Become familiar with the specificities of working in a Brussels-based sector organisation.
- Build a network of contacts within EU stakeholder groups and institutions.
The selected candidate will be offered an internship of 4 months. Interviews will be conducted in October 2015 with a view to starting work mid October.
The internship we offer is paid: a monthly allowance of 300 euros will be provided.
Application deadline: 25 September 2015
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents in English to firstname.lastname@example.org: a CV and a short motivation letter in which you also highlight your experience in communication and/or research.
For further information about this position, please contact: Tanya Carre, Office Manager, by email (email@example.com) or phone (+32 (0)2 772 82 90).