Ranked as the most effective European Trade Association in Brussels in 2013, EuropaBio works through an outstanding Team of motivated and dedicated individuals to promote an innovative and dynamic biotechnology-based industry in Europe. Our members are involved in research, development, testing, manufacturing and commercialisation of biotechnology products and processes. Our corporate members have a wide range of activities: human and animal health care, diagnostics, bio-informatics, chemicals, crop protection, agriculture, food and environmental products and services. We also represent a number of national biotechnology associations in Europe which in turn represent more than 1800 biotech SMEs.
More details about EuropaBio: www.europabio.org
EuropaBio is looking for a motivated Communications Intern for a period of 6 months in 2016. You would be working under the supervision of EuropaBio’s Communications Manager, and together with EuropaBio’s communications team as well as with industry experts within a small but dynamic multinational team based in the EuropaBio secretariat near Montgomery Square in Brussels. This internship would provide valuable insights, contacts and experience for candidates interested in EU communications and public affairs.
- During the internship you will be asked to assist with a range of tasks such as:
- Monitoring the media on a daily basis, reporting to the team, and keeping the press database up to date
- Drafting and managing the distribution of the weekly EuropaBio newsletter
- Helping to organise EuropaBio events, National Association Council meetings and teleconferences
- Drafting agendas and minutes for meetings
- Assisting with the management of EuropaBio’s social media channels
- Updating EuropaBio’s website
- Helping with other tasks to support EuropaBio’s communications team as appropriate
Essential requirements and skills:
- Must currently be a student (Convention de Stage or agreement with University to undertake internship as part of study strictly necessary)
- Must be an EU citizen
- Be able to start in early February at the latest
- Interest in communications
- Excellent English – both written and spoken
- Knowledge of social media
- Quick learner
- Strong drafting and organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to present work in clear and concise manner
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good team player but also capable of working independently
- MS Computer Skills (particularly PowerPoint and Word)
- Experience with any of the tasks foreseen above, especially social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Buffer), email marketing platforms (e.g. MailChimp) and/or website content management systems (e.g. Drupal)
- Other EU languages
When should you be able to start?
As soon as possible but no later than early February 2016. The length of stage is preferably 6 months to allow the candidate build expertise.
Terms and conditions
Working hours are from 09:00 until 18:00 Monday to Friday with a one hour break for lunch.
EuropaBio meets local health and safety requirements for the intern and will insure placement students against accidents in the workplace.
The intern will be entitled to six days holiday plus national bank holidays.
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Communications Intern” by 8 January 2016 at 6PM at the latest.