- Contribute to and share Microsoft policy positions and stories by drafting and editing position papers, policy briefings, white papers, articles, and presentations.
- Coordinate the event management process designed to strengthen the activities and positioning of Microsoft in Europe including handling the logistical details, pre-event and post-event briefings, and communications with different stakeholders.
- Support the EU Government Affairs team with meeting and presentation preparation, talking points, and research.
- Join the Microsoft SME at internal and external meetings with partners, trade associations, and members of the EU Institutions.
Work Experience Requirement:
Minimum 1-year work experience in a field with correlating responsibilities.
At Microsoft, we are looking for individuals with promising qualities because we believe that knowledge and experience in a role can be trained – but the soft skills are those in which will differentiate the good candidates with the best.
The successful candidate should have native or professional English proficiency, with solid written and verbal skills, good communication and marketing knowledge, strong attention-to-detail, and good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. In addition, the candidate should have strong motivation to work on data protection topics, and interpersonal skills as frequent communication between vendors and external parties is necessary for the role. He/She should also be comfortable with public speaking/presentation roles.
A legal or EU political bachelor’s degree is highly desirable. However, candidates must be able to prove his or her creativity and ability to learn new processes and adapt quickly to challenges.
The ideal trainee is:
- Able to prioritise and adapt to a fast-paced and international working environment
- Experienced in professional writing and communications
- Able to work independently and as part of a global team
- Knowledgeable of EU policy issues related to technology and innovation
Via a 1-page motivation letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why are you applying to this policy traineeship?
- Why are you applying specifically to Microsoft?
- What makes you a unique and ideal candidate for this traineeship?
- What attracts you to undertake an internship programme in Belgium?
The intern will strengthen his/her knowledge of EU policies around the technology industry and skills related to communication, negotiation, and presentation, as well as event management for advocacy and outreach purposes. For background on the main policy areas of relevance to Microsoft, visit:http://blogs.microsoft.com/eupolicy/
- English (Required), French (Preferred)
Working Hours (per week): 40
Salary: The internship will be remunerated by a competitive salary.
Term of Internship: Duration of 1 year. Earliest start date: November 1, 2016;
Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Kalina Bozhkova at email@example.com