The Events Coordinator will support the EU Government Affairs (EUGA) team in Brussels. The candidate will join a team driving outreach and engagement on a range of public policy issues, including security, privacy, and cloud policy. The candidate will help to support EUGA event and meeting management and execution at the Microsoft Center in Brussels. The Microsoft Center is a high-tech meeting facility showcasing Microsoft’s latest technology solutions and devices. The Center provides a venue to convene EU policy decision-makers and thought-leaders through conferences, briefings, and social engagements.
- Work with the Events Manager to execute on a programming strategy that convenes EU policy decision-makers and thought-leaders through events, meetings, and roundtable discussions.
- Assist with event planning, execution, and process improvement.
- Work with Microsoft Center staff and external vendors to manage end-to-end event logistics.
- Ensure coordination of all support services: vendors, production, facility, catering.
- Assist with the development of technology tools and resources for use by the team.
- Work with policy experts to support additional projects, including research, editing documents, and developing support materials.
Work Experience Requirement:
- Minimum 1-year work experience in a field with correlating responsibilities.
Organization management and planning, project management, and event management (preferred). Critical for success in this role is strong organizational/project management skills, strong communications skills, and a critical-thinker/problem-solver. The candidate should be solution-oriented, creative, interested in technology/policy/events management, and have the ability to adapt and change based on priorities.
For background on the main policy areas of relevance to Microsoft, visit: http://blogs.microsoft.com/eupolicy/.
English (Required), French (Required)
Working Hours (per week): 40
Salary: The internship will be remunerated by a competitive salary.
Term of Internship: earliest start date: August 17, 2016; latest end date: August 31, 2017.
Please send your CV and letter of motivation by July 27 to: firstname.lastname@example.org