- This event has passed.
8th Regional Tax Conference
5. marec. 2013 @ 12:00 am
The American Chamber of Commerce in Slovakia – together with AmChams in CEE – cordially invite you to:
“The Future of Tax Collection in CEE” conference
which is taking place under the auspices of Minister of Finance in SR, Peter Kažimír and which will be opened by Prime Minister of Slovakia, Robert Fico.
Tax fraud and tax evasion are limiting the capacity of EU Member States to raise revenues and to carry out their economic policies. In times of fiscal consolidation, when many Member States need to cut expenditures and increase revenues, effective fiscal policy is significantly challenged by tax fraud and tax evasion. Estimates of the size of the shadow economy in the EU of nearly one fifth of GDP gives the first indication of the extent of the problem.1
In light of the effective collection of the taxes and fight against tax fraud, which are one of the main priorities of EU Member States and the European Commission, the American Chamber of Commerce in the Slovak Republic, in cooperation with AmChams in CEE, will host a regional TAX conference on these issues on March 5, 2013.
The conference will provide unique perspectives of legal experts, business representatives, representatives of state administration from Slovakia and abroad as well as experts from the European Commission.
The European Perspective of Tax Collection and Tax Evasion in Central and Eastern Europe.
- What are the Country Specific Recommendations set by the European Commission? What is the Action Plan that the European Commission introduces to fight against tax fraud and tax evasion?
- How does the European Commission monitor the status of fulfilling the recommendations?
- What is the real progress of fulfilling the Country Specific Recommendations in countries located in CEE?
- How is the European Commission monitoring the progress towards effective administrative capacity to collect taxes and what technical assistance is the Commission providing?
- The Business Perspective of Tax Collection and Tax Evasion in Central and Eastern Europe.
- What do businesses expect from the measures to combat tax fraud and tax evasion introduced by the European Commission?
- What will be the impact of these measures on businesses operating in CEE and EU?
- What benefits can these measures bring to businesses operating in CEE and EU?
The Technological Perspective of Tax Collection and Tax Evasion in Central and Eastern Europe.
- What is the future of tax collection from technological point of view? What will be the impact of the new system?
- Which technological tools do the other countries use in order to effectively collect taxes?
- Which system will be implemented in those EU member countries that still don’t have any IT system on Tax Collection?
- When can we expect the first economic outcomes from such a system and what they would be?
More information about conference:
Source: AmCham Slovakia