- This event has passed.
Stakeholder Workshop:Efficiency of the Economic and Monetary Union coordination
10. apríl. 2014 @ 12:00 am
Europolicy would like to invite you to a stakeholder workshop
Efficiency of the Economic and Monetary Union coordination
Date and time: 10th April 2014 at 10.30 a.m.
Venue: European Information Centre, Palisády 19, Bratislava
10:30 – 12:00 Efficiency
- How efficient are new instruments of fiscal and macroeconomic coordination? Do they actually lead to more converging macroeconomic / fiscal policies in the EMU?
- What institutional and procedural changes are still needed to increase the resilience of the Monetary Union?
- Balázs Ferkelt – Budapest Business School, Budapest, Hungary
- Patryk Toporowski – The Polish Institute of International Affairs, Warszawa, Poland
- Vladimír Bartovic – Europeum, Institute for European Policy, Prague, Czech Republic
- Michal Polák – Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic
Impulse statements of our guest speakers will be followed by a moderated discussion.
- Moderator: Zuzana Gabrižová, EuroPolicy and editor in chief of EurActiv.sk
“Democratic legitimacy” of the new governance structure
Introduction based on the study for the Ministry of Foreign and European affairs of the Slovak Republic
The workshop will be held in English without translation.
Please register here by Monday, April 7th, 2014
Invitation in PDF