- This event has passed.
EU Stakeholder Brunch: Slovak Cyber Security
20. október. 2015 @ 12:00 am
It is a momentous phase for Slovakia‘s cyber security. With the new concept put forward by the Government Office of the Slovak Republic comes a new scheme that divides duties and responsibilities between relevant state institutions. The EU Stakeholder Brunch is organized in a phase after approval of the new concept (non-legislative) and drafting of a new action plan (legislative).
Cybersecurity is now an integral part of the national security system along with foreign policy, defence planning, civil emergency planning and the coordination of intelligence services. The concept has been drawn up within the strategic and methodological framework set up by the enhanced NATO Policy on CyberDefence (2014).
This event will focus on three main areas:
- Institutional aspect: National Security Authority (NBÚ) was granted the role of the steering authority. The new concept suggests 4 types of institutions dealing with threats, with a clear top down chain of command. Some of these institutions are already in place and working, others will soon follow. Who are they? How are competencies divided?
- Timeframe: What are the key stages in the approval process for the new action plan?
- Inclusiveness: is the new concept sufficiently inclusive for all relevant actors to tackle the great challenges? Will there be any official platform for cooperation of the state and private sector? How can tech companies contribute to the action plan?
- Mário Italy, National Security Authority (NBÚ), Director of Information Security and Electronic Signature Department
- Petra Hochmannová, Ministry of Finance, CSIRT.SK
- European Commission, DG CONNECT
- Peter Kováč, ESET
- Tomáš Zaťko, Citadelo
- and further guests
Zuzana Gabrižová, Editor-in-Chief of EurActiv.sk
9:30—10:00 Welcome brunch and networking
10:00—10:30 Welcome address and Opening remarks
10:30—11:40 Roundtable debate
11:40—12:00 Conclusions and final remarks
Slovak with English interpretation
Contact and compulsory registration
Lukáš Gajdoš, Event Manager +421 948 325 261, email@example.com