- Táto udalosť už prebehla.
European Digital Services and Markets: “Taming” of Digital Giants?
14 apríla @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
At the end of 2020, the European Commission has presented its long-awaited set of new rules, that shall transform the digital services and markets in the EU, and potentially beyond. But while the debates in other European capitals burst in question marks, ranging from eCommerce transformation, through platforms’ responsibilities, up to the right to freedom of expression, Slovakia lagged behind.
Although much of the legislation will significantly change a user experience of everyone, who uses social networks or buy goods and services online, including SMEs on the digital market, the discussion about outstanding issues needs to move from Brussels to the capitals, including those in the CEEs, that have been so far less active.
Topics to be addressed:
- outstanding and controversial issues of the DSA/DMA;
- untangling of the ongoing debate in Brussels;
- “taming” of digital giants: tools for their moderation; the obligation to remove inappropriate content – hate speech, false reports, and capacity needed for such moderation – AI vs. people-content moderators;
- the relationship of freedom of speech vs. freedom of reach;
- the issue of ownership of users’ data – the right to trade / transfer them to third parties;
- the impact of these platforms on democratic public discourse;
- positions of the CEE countries (Slovakia); etc.
- URBAN ÜBERSCHÄR, Director for Czech Republic and Slovakia, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
- ALEX AGIUS SALIBA, Member of European Parliament (S&D), Malta
- ĽUBOŠ KUKLIŠ, Director, Council for Broadcasting and Retransmission, Slovakia
- MICHAŁ KANOWNIK, President, ZIPSEE Digital Poland Association
- LUCIA YAR, EURACTIV Slovakia
Diskusiu si môžete pozrieť tu: