3 marca @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
The Stars4Media consortium partners (VUB University, European Federation of Journalists, WAN-IFRA and Europe’s MediaLab – Fondation EURACTIV) are glad to invite you to attend the Media4Europe Summit, on Wednesday 3rd of March, from 13:30 to 15:00, on Zoom. This event is launching the second edition of the Stars4Media innovation exchange programme. The programme includes:
9:30-11:30 Stars4Media session
- A short presentation of the Stars4Media Second Edition and of the Media4Europe event and testimonials of award-winning initiatives:
- Panel 1: How startups and incubators can be involved in Stars4Media?: Lina Timm (Media Lab Bayern, Germany). Moderated by Stephen Fozard of WAN-IFRA.
- Panel 2: Tech and product development for trust: Denis Teyssou (MediaLab Agence France Presse, WeVerify / InVid); Sebastiaan Van Der Lans (WordProof and Trusted Web initiative); Agnes Stenbom (Responsible Data and AI Specialist, Schibsted). Moderated by Stephen Fozard of WAN-IFRA.
- Announcement of application process & deadlines, and tips & tricks on cross-border cooperation
12:00-13:30 High-Level Policy debate: “Towards a healthy European News Media sector?”
- Fernando de Yarza López-Madrazo, President of WAN-IFRA
- Mogens Bjerregård, President of the European Federation of Journalists
- MEP Margarida Marques (S&D, MFF Rapporteur)
- Helga Trüpel, former MEP (Greens)
- José Manuel Sanz Mingote, Director, EFE news agency
The debate will address the Media Action Plan, the digital and technological transformation of the media sector, and solutions to accompany news media’s capacity to innovate through training programmes, Creative Europe and EU funding.
It will be moderated by Christophe Leclercq from Europe’s MediaLab (Fondation EURACTIV), and there will be a short Q&A session with the participants. Additional speakers will be announced soon.
Please register here.