Názov www stránky British Embassy in Slovakia
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Consular Roles)
Job Subcategory: Consular
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Consular Network in Bratislava is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Consular Officer.
This job is also available in Alicante, Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Berne, Bordeaux, Bratislava, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Helsinki, Ljubljana, Lisbon, Luxembourg, Marseille, Munich, Oslo, Palma, Paris, Prague, Reykjavik, Rome, Stockholm, Tallinn, Vienna and Warsaw as well. If you are interested in applying to more than one location (s), you should submit an application for each by searching the name of the location you are interested in and click on “Apply”.
The main purpose of the job is to help provide resilience to our consular networks across Europe. We need dynamic, well-organised people with a passion for customer service to offer clear guidance and assistance to UK nationals as the UK leaves the EU. The roles will cover many aspects of consular and the work that the Embassy leads on. Candidates should note that the functions of these will need to adapt to shifting priorities and operational objectives.
The sort of responsibilities that these roles will cover will include:
– Giving UK nationals information to help them follow procedures necessary after the UK leaves the EU;
– Be a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders and colleagues;
– Receive and appropriately escalate enquiries relating to consular assistance cases;
– Notarising documents for UK nationals required by Member States;
– Providing consular support to UK nationals in hospital;
– Assisting victims of crime providing help, support and guidance;
– Providing support to British nationals arrested or detained;
– Providing a critical support function for consular and other Embassy teams;
– Ability to travel to neighbouring countries (where necessary) to offer resilience to other consular teams in the one or both of the European consular networks;
– Other tasks that support UK nationals as the UK leaves the EU.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Provide a high level of consular assistance and support to British Nationals in a range of situations including hospitalisations, death, arrest, rape and sexual assault, financial difficulties, missing persons and child custody;
– Liaison with local contacts such as funeral directors, police, courts, prisons, hospital and town hall social workers as well as key stakeholders, charities and support organisations in order to provide assistance to British Nationals;
– Process appointments for consular services and update information on case management received from customers and via escalated cases from the Consular Contact Centre.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
– Proven customer service experience of at least three years and a strong sense of customer service delivery, including an ability to support customers in difficult or traumatic situations.
– Knowledge of the local system;
– Excellent communication and customer service skills;
– Fluency in oral and written English and in Slovak;
– Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout Europe and the UK;
– Attention to detail, strong analytical perspective and problem solving skills;
– Ability to work at pace and prioritise, managing an often heavy workload;
– IT skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel);
– Valid passport.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
– Experience of assisting British nationals overseas;
– Experience of influencing and engaging key stakeholders and local authorities;
– An understanding of the issues that British nationals (tourists and residents) may face;
– Driving licence;
– Available to work out of hours and to travel abroad when required.
Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline: 11 November 2018
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Part-Time
Working hours per week: 18.25
Duration of Post: 6 months
Region: Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Location (City): Bratislava
Type of Post: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary (EUR): 700
Start Date: 3 January 2019
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a part-time position of 18.25 hours per week for a fixed-term contract for 6 months with a probation period of 3 months.
The monthly salary for this position is € 700 gross.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Slovakia are subject to terms and conditions of service according to Slovak Labour Law.
Visa/passport requirements: Must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Slovakia and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please be advised that Consular positions at the FCO entail dealing with casework in situations that may involve death, detention, rape, assault, post-mortems, prison visits and highly distressed customers. Candidates should therefore have a high level of resilience to trauma.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
To apply for this job please visit fco.tal.net.