The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA), the leading Association for Business Aviation in Europe, represents the interests of more than five hundred and fifty Business Aviation Companies operating a combined fleet of over 1,000 aircraft. EBAA endeavours to promote Business Aviation as a key component of air transport, serving the European economy
The EBAA is looking for a Manager Marketing & Communication (M/F).
The growth of the sector, its prospects in the mid- to long-term, and the fast evolving air transport environment in Europe and beyond are all challenges that the Association is dedicated to address,relying on a team composed of recognised leaders and professionals . Reporting directly to the CEO, the Manager Marketing and Communication will, with consultancy support when appropriate, develop and implement the marketing and communication strategy of the Association with a particular focus on the perception of the sector vis-à-vis targeted audiences. S/He will also be responsible for supporting the overall activities of the Association by deploying all appropriate communication means, including social media.
The Manager Marketing & Communication will:
- Based on the extensive work done prior to his/her arrival and with the appropriate external support (e.g. Communication Advisory Board, strategic consultancy), direct and deploy an ambitious 3-year communication and marketing strategy, and ensure that it is in line with the indications received from the audits and studies the Association has conducted most recently; they comprise, amongst others:
- the Public Perception Study (February 2016),
- the Importance of Business Aviation to the European Economy (April 2016), and
- the Shortage of Skills in Business Aviation (June 2016)
- Within the framework of the strategy identify ways to market and position the Business Aviation “product” by conducting European campaigns aimed at improving the overall image of the sector and at making it appealing to a more specific audience of potential customers;
- Be accountable for a budget in line with the goals and timeframe of the strategy. The budget will include the use of external contractors if/when appropriate and any other necessary resources needed;
- Prepare, together with the respective case handlers, the communication campaigns of the Association’s various projects and initiatives. Be particularly careful to the consistency of the overall message, which must be in line with the one of the 3-year general campaign;
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of the Association to deliver the aeropolitical and operational objectives of the Secretariat by tailoring communication plans accordingly;
- Be in charge of the internal communication, whether amongst the Secretariat itself, or between the Secretariat and its members. Help the various case handlers create clusters of specific recipients and help adapt communication messages and means in function of their interests and needs;
- Steer the public relations of the Association, and of the European Business Aviation Community by coordinating objectives and activities with the various national Business Aviation Associations and/or the members;
- Optimise the use of all relevant means of communication, from the traditional channels (press releases, conferences, presentations, interviews, etc.) to new channels (social media, video, etc.) to deliver the Business Aviation messages;
- Be accountable for the European Business Aviation’s number one portal, the Association’s website. Ensure it is first-in-class, delivers added-value to the members and to the general community, and is constantly up-to-date. Already anticipate the necessity for a brand new website in the second part of 2017;
- Cover the PR aspects of important events such as EBACE and other specific forums, working in close co-operation with the Events’ team. In particular, prepare and deliver a comprehensive PR campaign for the EBAA management team.
The Manager Marketing & Communication will:
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the air transport sector in Europe;
- Be familiar with traditional media (boast an extensive media relations network), and be versed in, and an active user of, social networks;
- Have already taken part to ambitious communication campaigns;
- Possess a thorough understanding of how the EU institutions function;
- Have at least 8 years relevant professional experience, combining aspects of traditional PR, marketing, brand creation and communication;
- Be a natural communicator, confident when speaking in public in English;
- Speak and write fluently in English. French or German are a desirable asset;
- Be a team player with the ability to take the lead and work autonomously when necessary;
- Be able to see the big picture and think strategically while maintaining a strong focus on detail;
- Have experience in procuring external services;
- Be open-minded and ready to travel abroad on a regular basis.
This position was released as of 11 July 2016. Deadline for submission of candidacy is 16 August 2016.
Please send your resume to Ms Martine Wellens (email@example.com).
You can also consult our website (www.ebaa.org) for more information.