eco (www.eco.de) is the Association of the Internet industry, and has been representing the interests of the sector in politics and in international bodies for the past 20 years. With around 850 member companies, we are shaping the Internet: We develop markets, foster technologies and form framework conditions. In furthering our mission, we deal with questions relating to infrastructure, legal/regulatory assignments, innovative applications and the use of content online.
With our office in Berlin and our engagement in national and international bodies like EuroISPA, we are situated at the very center of political decision-making. We advocate for Internet-friendly regulations, are active in important legislative processes, and are a point of contact for all Internet-relevant topics – both in Germany and internationally. In order to be able to provide, at the European level, direct representation of the interests of our increasingly numerous international members, we aim to establish a permanent representation of eco in Brussels.
To support our Capital Office, we seek a:
Policy Manager (m/f)
specialized in EU Internet law and regulation, for our location in Brussels, effective immediately.
The successful candidate will represent eco and its members in IT and legal policy topics at EU level.
What we need from you:
– Analysis and evaluation of current legislative processes at EU-level (EU Commission and Council)
– Development of eco positions regarding legislative processes and current socio-political Internet and network policy issues
– Development and implementation of concepts for successful and focused political lobbying
– Contact person for member companies
– Representation of the eco association at events and in political organizations
– Reporting of the political activities of the Brussels Office in diverse eco publications and channels
– Organization and management of events in Brussels
What we offer:
– Varied activities in an innovative and international environment
– An appreciative company culture and excellent conditions (including individual professional development opportunities, promotion of health and well-being, contributions to capital formation, company pension scheme)
– A permanent position with a leading industry association in its sector
– Extremely friendly colleagues
Who you are:
– At least four years of professional experience in an equivalent position
– Degree in Law or Political Science, preferably in combination with specialist knowledge of the Internet industry
– A profound knowledge of political processes and a substantial network in political circles in Brussels
– Exceptional written and oral expression in German and English (business fluent) and ideally a further language
– Independent, able to take the initiative, and ability to work under pressure
– Professionalism in combination with a self-assured and competent manner
eco is proud to be like the Internet itself: unconventional, responsive and open to innovation. Therefore, alongside good legal knowledge and a marked affinity for the Internet, we also require persuasive communication skills. In addition to this, good contact to the decision-makers in Brussels, a strong awareness of responsibility and a meticulous and proactive attitude to work are important characteristics.
If you want to shape the Internet together with us and enjoy the fun of exceptional association work, we look forward to receiving your application incl. your salary expectation at email@example.com.