EMI is looking for someone who believes in the European project and wants to improve the way the EU works for Europeans. The candidate should be someone with a knack for communications; is a good networker with press contacts; has developed social media skills and an aptitude for graphic design and visualising complex ideas.
About the European Movement
The European Movement is the longest-standing pan-European network of pro-European organisations. It is present in 39 countries and encompasses 36 International Associations, bringing together European civil society, trade unions, NGOs, political parties, local authorities and academia. EMI believe in closer European integration and work across our continent to involve Europeans in the great debates of our time, inform policy-makers’ thinking and influence the direction the EU takes.
- Oversee external messaging and maintain overview of external communications activity
- Build relationship with journalists and press outlets in Brussels;
- Look out for press opportunities consistent with European Movement activity across Brussels media and mainstream press; draft and distribute press releases; write and produce copy and liaise with media outlets; media monitoring;
- Implement and manage digital tools; curate social media content and conduct analytics; watch trends in digital communications and identify new opportunities;
- Produce digital communications material; prepare and design layouts for policy and promotional material; work with external developers as needed;
– Manage website content; work with external developer to improve website functionality; maintain and update existing pages;
– Work with communications leads across the European Movement network to increase network connectivity and share knowledge; develop internal communications channels for members.
- 2-3 years’ experience
- A university degree in communications, journalism, European affairs or equivalent
- Knowledge of digital tools (Mailchimp, CivCRM)
- Knowledge of using graphic design, page-setting and video editing software (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro)
- Experience in managing social media accounts (especially Twitter, Facebook)
- Experience in website content management (ideally WordPress)
- Fluent written and spoken English (native speaker equivalent); with excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of working with the EU Institutions;
- Understanding or previous working experience in a non-profit or membership based organisation
- Ability to translate complex political/policy issues into appropriate messages and understandable language;
- Creative and strategic thinking
What EMI offers
The opportunity to be part of a pan-European organisation, striving to promote the European project.
A young, international and multilingual working environment.
The chance to work at the heart of the EU at an exciting and challenging time for Europe.
Competitive remuneration, dependent on experience.
The contract will be fixed term and the location will be Brussels, with occasional travel throughout Europe.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 5 March 2017. The position is foreseen to begin as soon as possible and interviews will take place the week beginning 6 March 2017.