Názov www stránky EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva
Paid internship at the EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva
Application deadline: 4 June 2018
Period: 1 November 2018 – 29 March 2019
General description of the tasks and duties of the intern:
Each trainee will be assigned a supervisor in the section he/she is interning. Interns are fully integrated in the daily work of the section, providing the intern with the possibility of getting a good overview of the diplomatic work of the Delegation and in particular in the policy field covered by the section.
In order to gain a better understanding of the workings of the UN system in Geneva as well as the EU Delegation vis-à-vis the UN and the EU MS, the trainee will be tasked to:
– Assist the Head of Section and Section colleagues in their daily work in relation to UN and other multilateral meetings in the area of disarmament
– This will entail such tasks as (i) assist in the preparation of meetings (ii) drafting reports following meetings and conferences (iii) assist in the preparation of official visits, and (iv) general logistics support.
You may apply for the traineeship if
– You are a young graduate with at least a MA degree or equivalent
– You have less than 1 year of professional experience
– You are a national of an EU Member State, pre-accession State or from Switzerland
– You have no previous professional experience in any of the EU institutions of more than 6 weeks
Additional requirements that would be an asset:
Knowledge of the workings of the European Union and of the United Nations would be advantages, as well as interest in security policy issues. Excellent drafting skills in English, knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Remuneration: The selected trainees will receive a monthly grant of 1200 EUR.
Travel and accommodation: The trainee has to arrange and finance their travel to the EU Delegation and take care of his/her local accommodation.
You are requested to examine the general eligibility criteria. Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for a telephone interview. Interviews will take place in the second half of June.
Documents to be provided only by the selected candidates:
– Language certificates
– Extract from the „judicial record“
– Passport/ID card
– Insurance certificate (repatriation included)
– Medical certificate
– Signed traineeship agreement
How to apply?
Applications can be sent in by 4 June 2018 including the following documents.
– Application form intern_application_form_new_2018.doc
– Motivation letter of maximum 1 page (pdf document saved lastname_firstname_motivation)
– CV of maximum 2 pages (pdf document saved lastname_firstname_CV)
Please send your application by using the following subject line in your email to the following address:
Application (your name) – (name of section)
Please do not send other documents such as letter of references at this stage.
Note that you can only apply for ONE internship offer per call for application, clearly stating in the application form for which section you apply.
You are requested to examine the general eligibility criteria. Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications received is over, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. In case the selected candidate is not able to present all required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Reagujte na túto ponuku, napíšte na Delegationemail@example.com