Názov www stránky EUROCITIES
EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is offering a work experience placement in the field of social affairs. You will be working under the supervision of the policy advisor for a period of six months, starting from August 2019. EUROCITIES is an equal opportunity employer. At EUROCITIES we are committed to fair employment practices and encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, ages and genders, as well as those with disabilities. We strive to create a workforce which is as diverse as the cities we serve.
The successful candidate will support EUROCITIES policy advisors in the social affairs team, whose work covers wide EU and urban policy topics such as fighting poverty and social exclusion, inclusive employment, migration and integration, refugees, housing and homelessness, active ageing and education. The work also covers broad EU agendas such as the European Pillar of Social Rights, the Urban Agenda for the EU, European Semester and the European Social Fund+, among others. Tasks include:
- monitoring policy initiatives and developments on the EU level, especially those initiatives under the European Pillar of Social Rights
- preparing policy updates and briefing notes for member cities
- drafting articles for website and newsletters
- attending and reporting on EU level events, especially at DG Employment
- participating and shadowing advocacy & networking activities of the social affairs team
- support with research and gathering good practice examples on policy and projects in the cities in areas ranging from employment, education, to social services and housing
- supporting the coordination of the work deliverables in the Working Groups on employment, homelessness and housing
- supporting the team members in developing policy statements and reports
- administrative tasks related to organising meetings and events such as the biannual social affairs forum meeting and working group meetings.
- bachelors or Masters degree
- knowledge of the EU institutions and the policy-making processes
- knowledge of EU social and employment policy
- interest in social policy issues
- interest in urban affairs and/or the work of local authorities
- excellent English
- good social and organisational skills, such as proactivity, teamwork and time management.
- experience related to the work of local authorities an asset
- experience with social policy or projects at EU or local level an asset
- experience with urban research on social policy topics an asset
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Possibility of working on EU policy and projects
- Possibility to learn on various EU policy areas, processes in EU institutions, advocacy and networking activities
- Possibility to learn on urban policies and local projects
- Possibly to learn on operations of an EU level membership network
- Possibility to take part in the biannual meeting of our social affairs forum
- Assistance with living expenses of up to €200 per month under Belgian legislation
- Reimbursement of local public transport expenses
- Assistance with lunch expenses
- A Belgian mobile phone number, with credit for calls and internet
- Up to €300 reimbursement for one trip home during the contract
Please send your motivation letter and CV by 17:00 Monday 17 June 2019 to:
Patricia de Wouters
Email subject : WEP SAF
Interviews will be held in the week of 24 June 2019.
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
Reagujte na túto ponuku, napíšte na email@example.com