Názov www stránky European Climate Foundation
Senior Associate – Transport, Central Europe
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) is a major philanthropic initiative working to help tackle the climate crisis by fostering the development of a net-zero emission society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 300 partner organisations to carry out activities that drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement, contribute to the public debate on climate action and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
The ECF team is a highly dynamic group of individuals, combining ambition and passion with a rigorous, results-oriented and analytic approach to the work. The ECF’s culture is one of intensity, enthusiasm and mutual support.
About the role
The ECF Programme in Central Europe works with a wide range of partners in civil society, think tanks, business and academia to support positive action towards climate neutrality within the countries of the region. We work to build political will and technical background for more ambitious action on climate change; and to develop solutions to the policy and practical challenges to decarbonisation of the entire economy. One of the key challenges in this process is transformation of the transport sector towards e-mobility. In countries like Slovakia, Czech Republic or Hungary car manufacturing is an essential part of economy. Yet, too little attention is paid to inevitable transformation and especially to its social and economic consequences.
This job focuses on Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary with prospects of liaising across the region. It offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to the development and expansion of ECF’s programme, and to influence the climate and mobility debates in countries as well as Europe.
The post holder will play a key role in providing research, strategic advice, identifying and developing cooperation with new partners, monitoring and evaluating the progress of different work streams. There will be direct engagement with other ECF programmes and partners in designing and aligning strategies.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Research activities & prospecting: supporting Country and Transport directors in scoping the landscape around local and national transport politics and advocacy, as well as identifying potential new projects & grantees.
- Strategic implementation: supporting the Country Programme and Transport Directors in implementing ECF’s strategy and priorities in the context of its countries of operation; More broadly, the post holder will contribute on issues related to transport (manufacturing, air quality, e-mobility), engaging with grantees and partners, monitoring and evaluating progress and impact of initiatives and grants; and acting as a liaison to report regular progress to external partners.
- Networking: building partnerships with key individuals across the policymaking, business and civil society communities in its countries of operation and Europe; convening meetings; representing ECF France and Transport programmes at meetings and organising follow-up.
- Project management: supporting the Directors to monitor strategies and grants, and the delivery of key work stream deliverables through frequent communication with partners, colleagues and funders, ensuring accountability.
- Grant-making: developing the scope of work for different ECF projects; soliciting proposals from potential partners and commissioning studies from consultants; which will be validated by the directors responsible for the budget concerned.
- Internal coordination and communication: S/he will liaise with other ECF programmes where appropriate, including the organisation’s operations and communications teams to ensure proper and timely dissemination of information, and consistency and complementarity of different projects and work streams.
Experience and competencies
We are looking for a candidate who has 5-8 years of experience of delivering impact in influencing an area of policy, with a preference for those who have successfully made a strong positive impact on climate change, industry or mobility policy.
The following attributes are sought by applicants:
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the organization;
- A university degree in a related subject (economics, engineering, environmental sciences, social sciences or environmental policy);
- 5-8 years’ experience in either a public authority, a civil society organization, or a company working in the field of mobility, industrial policies or energy;
- Experience with advocacy/public affairs projects and coordination with PR/ communication teams;
- Knowledge of the country policy-making in at least one of the three countries;
- Deep understanding of climate, energy and industrial policies, and the interest in this area to engage at a technical level with the policy detail;
- Strong networking skills that enable effective collaboration with a diverse group of partners;
- Agile leader, with the ability to follow through with smart and adaptive implementation of plans;
- Structured, driven and able to manage many processes simultaneously;
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills;
- Independent, with a positive, can-do attitude;
- Excellent command of English (both spoken and written) and one of the languages of the countries of operation; additional European languages are an advantage.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A permanent full-time position.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter (both in English).
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location in case applicable.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
To apply for this job please visit cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it.