Názov www stránky European Endowment for Democracy
Traineeship for Grant–making Support (Western Balkans)
The European Endowment for Democracy (EED) is a grant-giving organisation based in Brussels.
EED’s goal is to provide flexible support to democracy activists, complementing other EU and member state democracy support programmes. EED provides context-based, demand driven support based on a principle of fostering democracy and facilitating initiatives of local actors. Its geographic mandate covers the European neighbourhood and beyond.
EED seeks a trainee for a twelve-month traineeship for Grant–making Support (Western Balkans).
The trainee will assist in the EED grant-making contractual, financial and administrative process.
- Knowledge of grant-making cycle and experience in administrative work and detailed assessment of financial reports strongly preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel necessary;
- High drive for detail and accuracy;
- Proficiency in one of the Western Balkan languages required, in addition to English.
In accordance with EED’s Grants Management procedures, the Grant-Making Support Trainee shall:
- Assist in preparation of grant agreements, addenda and other standard contractual documentation;
- Assist in the review of financial reports to ensure compliance with EED requirements and draft feedbacks to beneficiaries (mostly in Western Balkan languages and English) as well as internal memos;
- Translate brief texts from his/her mother tongue to English and vice-versa;
- Update the database and maintain the archive;
- Assist with other administrative tasks of the Grants team.
Terms and Salary
The contractual relations with the trainee will be regulated by a Convention d’immersion professionnelle (a professional immersion agreement under Belgian Law), which requires all trainees to be less than 30 years old.
Citizenship of an EU Member State or residency in the European Union is preferred, but not mandatory.
The internship is planned for the period of twelve months, starting in August 2020 (date subject to the formal approval from the Belgian authorities)..
The expected level of monthly remuneration is around €1,450 net per month, in addition to meal vouchers and the reimbursement of a monthly subscription to Brussels public transport.
Work place: EED Secretariat, located in the centre of Brussels, Belgium.
How to apply
Should you be interested in this position and meet the criteria, please submit your CV (Europass format preferred) and a cover letter specifying to which position you are applying and contact information for two referees. Applications should be made online using the “apply” panel on this page. After successfully submitting your application, you will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your application. Please no phone calls/emails/letters.
The application deadline is Sunday, 12 April 2020 at midnight Brussels time.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every application, therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. All applications will however be kept on file and candidates will be contacted if a suitable opportunity arises in the future. The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.democracyendowment.eu.