We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with experience of managing social media tools to maximise our engagement potential on Twitter and Facebook and to help to update our website.
The position will be one-year paid internship contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle) based in the EEB communications team in Brussels.
Start Date: Monday 21 September
Profile and requirements:
- You are a recent graduate who believes in the power of social media to help communicate messages about a wide range of environmental issues within the Brussels bubble and to our members and other interested parties around Europe.
- You will have a track record in using Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. You will come with a clear understanding of how we can engage better with our followers and significantly grow our social media impact.
- You will be confident interacting with colleagues, other NGOs and representatives of the EU institutions.
- You will be happy working as part of a team and taking the initiative on your own.
- You will have impeccable English and are ideally fluent in other EU languages.
- You are able to deliver accurate, high quality work on time within short deadlines, and to think on your feet.
- You share the core values of the EEB and can demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to environmental protection and social change.
- You have some knowledge of photo editing and using design tools.
- Helping deliver on the EEB’s social media strategy for our Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook accounts.
- Creating graphics, helping to design reports. Responsibility for updating the EEB website.
- Helping with the organisation and promotion of events.
- Editing and proofreading documents and reports for policy officers and the communications team. Helping with everyday tasks in the communications team.
- Supporting membership engagement and disseminating information among our member organisations.
- Drafting articles, press releases, content for the website.
- Keeping our contacts’ database up-to-date.
What we offer:
- A dynamic team that is committed to working to protect the environment and to change the political narrative inside Brussels and in Europe more widely.
- A one-year contract – “convention d’immersion professionnelle” with the opportunity to learn about EU environmental policies, the dynamics of a communications team, how to draft press releases, pitch stories, and meet representatives from other green NGOs and journalists.
- A year ‘convention d’immersion professionnelle’ contract. Salary: around 1100€ net/month
Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter, CV, 350 words on the main environmental challenges facing the EU and a tweet summarising this.
The deadline for applications is Friday 18 August 2017
Interviews will be held during the week of 3 September 2017, as appropriate, in Brussels.
European Environmental Bureau
Boulevard de Waterloo, 34,
Tel: +32 (0)2 289 10 90;
Fax: +32 (0)2 289 10 99