The EIB, the European Union’s Bank, in the framework of its GRAD programme, is currently seeking to recruit for our Projects Directorate (PJ) – Safeguards and Quality Management Department (SQM) a:
Appointment on this post is for a fixed period of 1 year
Panel interviews are anticipated for the end of January 2018
The Projects Directorate (PJ) ensures the quality of the Bank’s projects throughout the project cycle including appraisal, monitoring and disbursements. It is also involved in sectoral studies and actively contributes to the development of the Bank’s lending strategies and supporting wider EU objectives.
The Quality Management Division (QUAL) in the Safeguards and Quality Management Department (SQM) is, amongst other transversal coordination and quality assurance activities, in charge of PJ’s internal communication, information and knowledge management.
Under the supervision of a Senior Officer, the GRAD will support the QUAL Division in providing to PJ staff efficient access to impactful internal communication, using the appropriate tools and techniques, whilst interacting with multiple points of contacts throughout the EIB.
- Manage and maintain content of PJ intranet in active cooperation with concerned stakeholders (PJ colleagues, EIB internal communications team, …)
- Provide content, design and bring into play PJ’s communication tools (i.a. the PJ newsletter)
- Prepare/Review written communication material for distribution/publication within PJ
- Prepare visually attractive slides and other material in order to best deliver and communicate key messages in presentations
- Contribute to the planning, development and implementation of PJ internal improvement projects in the fields of communication, information management and knowledge sharing, including related communication plans
- Contribute to the development and/or further enhancement of tools and processes to foster PJ internal communication and knowledge-sharing
- Master studies in Communications or related field;
- Knowledge of best practices, policies and tools in the field of communication, including current information technology based communication media and the drafting of communication plans
- Sound knowledge of web-design and graphical interface design;
- Experience in building and/or maintaining a website;
- Experience in production, editing, design and publishing of online and offline content, notably in English;
- Proficiency in the standard MS Office tools, particularly creating and designing compelling PowerPoint presentations and performing data/information analysis in Excel; knowledge of other relevant software (e.g. Photoshop, Adobe …)
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (principal working language for this post) is a must; additional good working knowledge of French would be an advantage
- Experience in project management techniques would be an advantage
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
For details on core and managerial competencies please refer to EIB New Competency Library introduced as of January 1st 2017.
Deadline for applications: 19th November 2017
For more details and to apply, please go to https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job 104702
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.