Názov www stránky European Labour Authority
Duration of contract: 5 years (renewable)
Area: Labour Mobility
Place of employment: Bratislava, Slovakia
Deadline for applications: 15/10/2021,12:00
The Authority is launching a vacancy notice with a view to establishing a reserve list of Temporary Agents for the position of Head of Cooperation and National Liaison Officers (NLOs) Office (Head of Sector).
Reporting to the Head of the Cooperation Support Unit, the Head of Cooperation and NLOs Office (Head of Sector) will lead and coordinate the Cooperation and NLOs Office sector while contributing to the operational tasks of the Authority.
The Head of Cooperation and NLOs Office (Head of Sector)’s tasks will include, inter alia:
- coordinating the Cooperation and NLOs Office, ensuring and facilitating close cooperation, information exchange and communication with all ELA units so that NLOs are informed in a timely manner of activities that may be of interest to their Member States;
- leading and guiding the NLOs in the successful performance of their role and tasks, in particular their cooperation and liaison functions, and other actions as defined in the annual Work Programme, providing regular constructive feedback to NLOs on overall progress in line with defined objectives and standards;
- designing, implementing and executing efficient workflows and procedures for the smooth functioning of the NLOs Office;
- facilitating and ensuring effective internal and external vertical and horizontal communication flows;
- maintaining objectives, records and reporting in relation to the work of the NLOs Office;
- contributing to the drafting of the Single Programming Document, its yearly Work Programme, Annual Activity Report, in relation to the area of responsibility;
- proposing actions and initiatives to be included in the Work Programme which support the achievement of the unit’s objectives, taking into account the views of the Management Board;
- ensuring the successful implementation of the Work Programme including ensuring sound financial management for the budgetary allocations in relation to the area of responsibility;
- providing the necessary input to briefings, papers and documents to the ELA management and the ELA Management Board;
- building productive and cooperative working relationships with ELA’s stakeholders;
- ensuring enhanced cooperation among Member States and facilitating ELA’s cooperation with national counterparts with the contribution of NLOs;
- setting up and maintaining a reliable network of contact points in Member States, including national authorities, social partners and other stakeholders;
- fostering strong and open cooperation with national authorities, EU institutions and other relevant stakeholders in the implementation of the Authority’s mission and tasks;
- managing relations and representing ELA in meetings with external stakeholders;
- Performing any other related task requested by the line management in the interest of the service.
Qualifications and experience required
2. Eligibility criteria
By the closing date of this vacancy notice candidates must:
- be a national of a Member State of the European Union;
- enjoy their full rights as citizens;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by national laws concerning military service;
- meet the appropriate personal and professional requirements for the duties involved;
- be physically fit to perform their duties ;
- have a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge (level B2) of another language of the Union ;
- Education and professional experience: candidates must have, at the closing date for applications, a level of education which corresponds to a completed university degree attested by a diploma and in addition at least 12 years professional experience, acquired after the university diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more or a level of education which corresponds to a completed university degree attested by a diploma and in addition at least 13 years professional experience, acquired after the university diploma when the normal period of university education is three years.
3. Selection criteria
- Suitability to perform the tasks in section 1.1;
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in leading and coordination multinational teams (please indicate the size of the team and years of experience);
- Proven experience in working with public national administrations, social partners in the area of EU labour mobility in different Member States;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good knowledge of EU legislation within the scope of the ELA founding Regulation;
- Knowledge and understanding of different national labour markets and national practices;
- Professional experience in or with EU institutions and agencies or in diplomatic roles.
Moreover, the following competencies will be assessed during the selection process:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Skills to negotiate and coordinate different views and stakeholders;
- Ability to take initiative and to work under time pressure;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Problem solving skills with a practical, hands on approach;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
The selection process
4. How to apply
You must apply through the EU CV Online system7 via this link:
Before applying, you should carefully check whether you meet all the eligibility criteria.
Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
To apply for this job please visit ec.europa.eu.