Názov www stránky European Partnership for Democracy
Digital Policy Officer
Terms of Reference
The European Partnership for Democracy (EPD) is a not-for-profit organisation with a global remit to support democracy, that brings together a network of 15 organisations specialising in the different parts of a democratic system. We work inside and outside Europe because we recognise that democracy is a universal aspiration and that the contemporary challenges and opportunities for democracy are global in scope. Our mission is to make a contribution to, and reinforce the impact of European support for democracy across the world.
We are looking for a Digital Policy Officer to join our team in November 2020 for a minimum of 3 months. The position will lead on the creation of a Digital Policy Navigator and contribute to the fulfilment of EPDs’ goals on Democracy in the Digital Sphere (as detailed in EPD’s multiannual strategy).
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead on the coordination and the creation of a framework for a Digital Policy Navigator with external experts, the EPD team and EPD members;
- Contribute to research on the closing of democratic space lead by the EPD Advocacy and Communications Officer in partnership with the Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy.
- Contribute to EPD’s positioning and advocacy strategy on the Digital Services Act, with a particular focus on coalition-building, transparency of advertising, and algorithmic inspection;
- Contribute to EPD’s advocacy work on the European Democracy Action Plan in cooperation with EPD members and external partners;
- Follow discussions on the Rule of Law in Europe, in particular the Rule of Law mechanism.
- Supporting the organisation of events/webinars that fall within the realm of the thematic responsibility of the officer;
- Representing EPD at meetings with funders, partners and policymakers, as required by the Executive Director.
Programmes and fundraising
- Fulfil reporting requirements to donors for relevant projects (e.g. Virtual Insanity) where necessary;
- Scope for potential funding for the Policy Navigator in cooperation with the Programmes Coordinator;
- Contribute to or lead on project proposals for relevant calls or opportunities for further funding.
- Young professional with a minimum of 2 years of proven experience on digital policy as well as democracy issues;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills;
- Knowledge of EU policy processes and advocacy;
- Bachelors degree in political science or international law.
Conditions and benefits
- An initial 3 month contract with entry-level salary;
- Lunch vouchers of a unit value of EUR 8,00 (personal contribution by the employee of EUR 1,09) will be granted for each day worked;
- All staff are fully involved in all aspects of our work and given considerable responsibility and independence; they are part of an international team that supports them in acquiring skills to work in an international organisation and hands-on knowledge of how major international actors inter-relate, at EU and global levels;
- The Digital Policy Officer can be based anywhere during the contract given the current working restrictions due to COVID-19.
Interested candidates should send a CV and the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 October 2020 (23:59 CET). Please mention your name in the email heading. Name the application form as follows: “LAST NAME – FIRST NAME – Application EPD”.
Interviews will take place via video calls in the week of 19 October 2020, with a start date 29 October 2020.
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
Reagujte na túto ponuku, napíšte na email@example.com