Názov www stránky European Youth Forum
YFJ – European Youth Forum
Deadline for application (28/09/20) (23h59 CET)
The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent over 100 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
Governance & Statutory bodies support
- Organise Board meetings (drafting the agenda, minute-taking, documents management, and follow-up);
- Assist the President and the Board Members with preparing external representation, delivery of various Board tasks and liaising with other departments;
- Support the Statutory Coordinator on logistical preparations for the Board meetings;
- Support the organisation of the Council of Members and General Assembly, including drafting the agenda, taking minutes, logistical preparations, and follow-up;
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure the statutory compliance in the different decision-making processes of the platform;
- Provide support in reinforcing the accountability and transparency of the platform;
- Support the work of the Consultative Body on Membership Applications (CBMA) in assessing membership applications and reviews;
- Organise the meetings and the study visits of the Consultative Body on Membership Applications (CBMA);
- Provide support and guidance to applying organisations throughout their application process.
- Develop and maintain a database of Alumni networks;
- Develop strategies and tools to ensure regular engagement with the Alumni members;
- Set up and maintain a coordination and communication system with the Alumni network;
- Provide guidance and support to the Youth Forum in how to develop and engage Alumni members in our work;
- Outreach for new members to join the Alumni network.
- Support and contribute to the overall communication and dialogue with Member Organisations.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Qualification & Experience
- A higher education degree in business & administration and or law or other relevant field is strongly desirable but can be compensated by relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience;
- Up to three years of experience in similar positions (assisting to and supporting executive management processes, governance officer, assistant to managers and board of directors etc.);
- Previous experience in NGO work, particularly in a NGO network/platform and/or youth organisation (as an employee or a volunteer);
- Experience of organising political meetings, with a sensitivity to their confidentiality, and experience in their logistical preparation (including document management and other follow up);
- Excellent understanding of the operations of networks of organisations and operating in a youth political environment;
- Sensitivity to youth policy issues and a good knowledge of the European institutions;
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Background experience in youth work, particularly in a youth organisation is a strong asset;
- Detail-oriented and a quick learner with strong ability to develop knowledge on new concepts and adapt to new processes;
- Service-oriented with an enthusiasm for helping and supporting members answering their queries;
- Good organisational skills and attentive to detail;
- Excellent English and French (being a native speaker is an asset);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent networking, intercultural and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a challenging workload and tight deadlines;
- Ability to master new technical and organization concepts and information;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Excellent time-management and planning skills;
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours if required, including occasional weekends. Willing to live in or relocate to Brussels or the surrounding area;
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge of G-suite and Mac operating system.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The contract is open-ended and full time (35 hours per week). The gross monthly salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is between 2,754 and 2,922 EUR.
A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Candidates to this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends. This position being based in Brussels candidates should be willing to relocate or live in the surrounding area.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the European Youth Forum online recruitment system: http://recruitment.youthforum.org.
How to apply with the online application system?
- Create a user account: click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details;
- Go to the “private area” and login with your username and password;
- Click on the vacancy and apply;
- Respond to our application questions and upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held in October and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. All candidates are kindly requested to refrain from any phone inquiries.
All appointments should be made in a transparent way and comply with all relevant employment regulations. No job applicant or employee should receive less favorable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, gender identity, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
All applicants, whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. The Youth Forum welcomes all nationalities and will take any work permit request at its charge.
Any relevant volunteering experience is considered equal to any other professional experience.
Conflict of interest
All applicants should be informed and should inform the Youth Forum of any possible conflict of interest. Selected candidates should be aware that working and/or volunteering for a Member Organisation of the European Youth Forum, institutions, political parties or other representative civil society organisations at the European level might not be compatible with working at the Youth Forum.
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
To apply for this job please visit www.eurobrussels.com.