Názov www stránky Európska komisia
The Commission organizes twice a year in-service training periods lasting five months for university graduates from all over the world who wish to gain in-house professional translation experience. This does not exclude those who -in the framework of lifelong learning – have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
Those selected are assigned to a translation unit comprising translators of the same mother tongue. Trainees do the same work as their staff colleagues, translating into their mother tongue or main language from at least two Community languages. Their work is revised by experienced senior staff. Some trainees are assigned to the language library or to the terminology unit or other support unit in the translation service.
In order to apply you must:
- be an EU citizen;
- have completed the first cycle of a higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by closing date for applications;
- not have completed a traineeship in another European Union institution or body or have worked for more than 6 weeks, or 42 calendar days (week-ends included) in any European institution, EU Body, EU Executive Agency, EU delegations or for Members of Parliament (MEPs);
- be able to translate into your mother tongue from two other EU official languages (source languages);
- your main language must be one of the official EU languages.
- your 1st source language must be English, French or German.
- your 2nd source language can be any of the official EU languages.
Trainees receive a grant of EUR 1,196.84 per month and reimbursement of travel expenses. Accident and health insurance are also provided. Disabled trainees may receive a supplement to their grant.
The traineeships usually run from 1 March and 1 October, but they may start on other dates at the discretion of the translation service.
To submit your application, you must:
- Complete and submit online the application form.
- Send your application file, preferably by registered post, before the deadline for application.
For more information, read the full application procedure.
Deadline: 4th February 2019, 12:00 noon, CET (traineeship period October 2019 – March 2020).
Find out more: http://ec.europa.eu/stages/home_en
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
To apply for this job please visit ec.europa.eu.