ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The Foreign Trade Association (FTA) is a membership-based organisation dedicated to promoting free trade and global sustainable supply chains. We represent over 1800 companies and 13 associations from across industries worldwide. The FTA advocates for economically viable and ethical free trade. Our member companies operate in advanced and emerging markets around the globe. We are driven by supporting their daily operations.
In 2003, FTA created the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI), a leading supply chain management system that supports companies to drive social compliance and improvements in factories and farms in their global supply chain. BSCI implements the principle international labour standards protecting workers’ rights such as, among others, International Labour Organization (ILO) conventions and the United Nations (UN) Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
In 2014, FTA developed the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI), a program that enables companies to manage and improve the environmental performance of their global supply chain through a supported and tailored management system approach.
The Membership Officer is the first point of contact for FTA’s members. With Germany being our largest market, the Membership Officer will have a specific focus on German members.
She/he needs to have a good overall knowledge of all FTA’s initiatives. She/he should be able to explain the different processes and services to existing and potential members in a clear manner. She/he has an open and friendly approach, is organised and able to multitask. The role may require travelling in Europe.
This role reports directly to the Membership and Business Development Manager
- Delivers direct customer support to existing and potential members (phone calls, emails, etc.), determines which information requires attention from other team members and follows-up on the queries.
- Support the German-speaking National Contact Groups and related members when needed.
- Directly responsible for managing member’s files.
- Process registration/termination of members, ensuring accuracy of information entered into the Client Management System (CMS).
- Follow-up on meetings with new members.
- Deliver members trainings in German-speaking countries, in collaboration with the Capacity Building department.
- Coordinate other members-driven projects when needed.
- Ad-hoc support to the Membership team or other departments when needed.
- Enter and manipulate data and information in word, excel and other database applications.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University degree,
- Minimum three years’ experience in customer support and sales,
- Excellent customer-driven skills,
- Fluent in English and German. Additional languages are an asset,
- Good presentation skills,
- Knows how to work under pressure and is able to multitask, coordinating several projects simultaneously,
- Diplomatic, cordial, articulate and assertive,
- Able to build strong connections with a wide range of members,
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint,
- Flexible, Dynamic and open personality,
- Ability to adapt in a multi-cultural team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An international environment with interesting and challenging field of activities
- Belgian permanent employment contract with an attractive benefit scheme
- The position is located in Brussels.
- Please send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com.
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Contract type: CDI