Názov www stránky GLOBSEC
Information about the position
Place of work: Polus Tower II, Vajnorská, Nové Mesto
Contract type: full-time, trade licence
Start date: ASAP
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards: 1100 EUR
The Institute’s STRATCOM programme aims to strengthen the resilience of Central European societies to subversive efforts by undemocratic foreign actors and to defend the integrity of the information space. We provide data and research driven insight into the impact of information warfare and disinformation campaigns upon stability and safety of democratic societies in Central and Eastern Europe.
Regional public opinion polls, expert surveys and our own analysis enabled us to develop evidence based policy recommendations and provide unique insight into developments affecting this region. We have developed several innovative tools and approaches increasing resilience of the most vulnerable target groups towards disinformation campaigns and our activities directly contributed to the development of national policies concerning strategic communication.
You will become a part of the team working on new, innovative projects and activities all year long. Only within the last year, STRATCOM team has, among other, produced:
• Interactive e-learning on disinformation and media literacy (available at www.knowhoax.org);
• Online toolkit on counter-narratives for civil society (available at www.counterdisinfo.org);
• Comprehensive comparative analysis of public opinion polls such as GLOBSEC Trends 2018;
• Mapped communication needs of CSOs and organized 2 workshops on digital communication;
• Conducted the focus groups discussions and analysed how the young in 8 countries consume; information.
• Assist researchers with management and implementation of large-scale international projects in the areas of STRATCOM Programme with a heavy focus on projects implemented in the CEE and Balkan region:
• Organise various events and planning of activities
• Assist with administrative issues
• Assist with the preparation of reports and documentation
• Assist with the financial management of the projects
• Coordinate and correspond with partners in a project management system
• Keep track of project timeline and other deadlines
• Provide analytical support in the areas of interest and participate in discussions on relevant developments in international relations
• Maintain databases of contacts
• Contribute to newsletters
• Liaise with other departments of the organization
• Fulfill other administrative tasks as defined by the Head of Programme
If you enjoy variety and new challenges, do not hesitate to apply!
Employee perks, benefits
• Working in a young, dynamic and international team
• Working in one of the most influential non-governmental institutions in Europe
• Possibility of career development through formal and informal channels
• Opportunity to contribute to ideas to shape the world
• Participation in international conferences
Information about the selection process
If your profile meets all our requirements and you find this position matching your career ambitions, please send us your CV together with motivation letter to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. Thank you for understanding.
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards from 1100 EUR/month/full-time based on your experience*
* We are required by Slovak legislation to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional competencies, qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position:
University education (Master’s degree)
Educational Specialization: international relations, political science, European studies, economics, or a related area is an advantage.
Language skills: English – Advanced (C1) or Slovak – Proficiency (C2)
Personality requirements and skills
• Documented experience in project management for NGOs, think-tanks, or other types of organizations is required
• An MA degree in international relations, political science, European studies, economics, or a related area is an advantage. Awareness of and interest in politics or international affairs is required.
• Experience in working abroad is an advantage
• Knowledge of the Slovak language not is required
• Fluency in English (C1 level) is required
Skills and traits:
• Excellent organisational skills and time management
• Ability to work under stress and prioritise tasks
• Strong team spirit and pro-active approach to tasks
• Solution-oriented approach to work assignments
Brief description of the company:
GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world. The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy and security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
• Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
• Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
• Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind, and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas which are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.
Number of employees: 50-99 employees
Globsec Policy Institute has also other positions available:
Vajnorská 100/B, POLUS TOWER II
831 04 Bratislava
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
Reagujte na túto ponuku, napíšte na firstname.lastname@example.org