Greenpeace is a global, non-violent campaigning organization that acts to protect and conserve the environment. Greenpeace in Central and Eastern Europe (GP CEE), headquartered in Vienna/Austria, employs more than 180 employees in 8 countries in the region.
COME TO Greenpeace CEE as Regional Political Adviser
(40hrs/week; Bucharest, RO or in one of CEE offices)
- Thorough understanding of the political and economic environment, especially in EU/CEE
- Knowledge of civil society environment, democracy and rule of law aspects in CEE, background in environmental and/or democracy movements, knowledge of social movements building and development
- Ability to analyse and synthesise information from various political context, as well as excellent networking skills
- Profound experience and valuable relations to media, politics, civil society and other decision-makers
- Excellent English (written and spoken) is a prerequisite
- Willingness to travel
- Experience with international teams and organisations as well as NGO/NPO background desirable
- Understanding matrix management, operation of virtual teams as well as being a team-player
Your tasks and responsibilities…
- Work with the Programme Director CEE and with responsible team members in developing, implementing and evaluating political strategies for CEE work with a global outlook and in developing an active, reliable and responsive network internally and externally
- Advise CEE offices, a team of regional experts and project leaders on democratic and political developments in Europe relevant to CEE campaigns; produce relevant briefings and analysis as tasked
- Foster synergies and active collaboration between CEE local offices and internal/external stakeholders
- Represent GP CEE in internal bodies and externally towards relevant stakeholders, political authorities and corporate representatives
- Build and manage a network in politics, authorities, NGOs/NPOs, social media, and media in the region and beyond
- An NGO-competitive compensation package for a fulltime position (40hrs/week) located in Bucharest, Romania preferably or in one of our CEE offices as well as flexible, life-balance friendly working hours
- A chance to personal and professional growth in a supportive environment combined with being in a self-responsible, diverse and challenging position
- An organisational environment with a diversity of context, experience, perspectives, seniority, curiosity, a highly engaged, international team and the irrepressible desire to make a difference.
If you identify yourself with these goals and consider yourself a promising candidate for this position, please, send your English CV and motivation letter until April 28th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.