- Engage effectively with regulators and industrial and environmental stakeholders in the development of post-2020 fuels policy in Europe.
- Explore opportunities to develop sustainable cellulosic biofuel industries within the EU and U.S. (cf. the ICCT’s ‘Wasted’ report).
- Technical analysis and outreach to help support the development of low-carbon fuel policy in the U.S., Europe and Indonesia.
- Working with the ICCT team to conduct original analysis and write technical reports, policy briefings, and blogs;
- Being highly numerate and able to answer complex technical questions in a thorough, logical, and clear manner;
- Connecting the dots between research and policy when engaging with stakeholder in order to advance the ICCT mission; and
- Supervising external consultants so they undertake and complete commissioned research efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with a foundation in bioenergy, sustainability and land use and will be committed to mitigating climate change. The ideal candidate will also be interested in contributing to ICCT’s other research programs as research needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject plus a postgraduate degree in a technical discipline or comparable experience;
- Proven success as a project manager, including some experience managing and collaborating with other research staff;
- Strong understanding of sustainability, economic, and technical issues related to bioenergy production;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, plus great interpersonal skills for engagements and interactions with co-workers and external stakeholders;
- Works well independently and manages projects effectively and within budget;
- Continuous development and deepening of high-level expertise on a wide and disparate range of technical and policy areas; and
- Desires to take a central role supporting the development of cleaner fuels regulations.
To be considered for the senior level role, we also require:
- Considerable professional/academic experience in at least one of our key research areas;
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic leadership; and
- Preferred, although not required, a Ph.D. or Master’s degree in environmental science, engineering, physical sciences or related discipline. We are open to technically-able candidates with a social sciences background;
To apply, please send resume, a cover letter with salary expectations, one writing or project sample, and three professional references to email@example.com. In the subject line indicate “Fuels Researcher” or “Fuels Senior Researcher” as applicable to your qualifications. Salary TBD based on experience and education. Preference will be given to candidates who provide all requested materials and whose cover letters directly address the position being offered and demonstrate a genuine interest in our mission.
This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply now. Applicants without the supplemental materials will receive less consideration. No calls and no recruiters, please. EOE.