Názov www stránky International Centre for Migration Policy Development
Posting Date: 1st June 2019
Deadline for Applications: 21st June 2019
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Start Date: 1st August 2019
Contract Duration: 4 months
Type of Post: Local (The candidate must have the right to live and work in Austria/Schengen countries)
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 17 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
The Vienna Migration Conference is the yearly flagship conference of ICMPD. It brings together politicians, senior officials, experts and practitioners from governments, international organisations, civil society, academia and the media to debate the central aspects of migration policy making. The VMC has become the largest and most relevant conference of its kind in Europe. It plays a vital part in exploring migration policy options, debating future strategies and fostering a sense of common purpose and direction. In this way, the VMC is a truly inclusive platform that helps to create legitimacy around one of the key political themes: international migration.
The internship will fall under the supervision of the VMC Project Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists with all organisational and logistical matters in the organisation of the Vienna Migration Conference by taking care of administrative arrangements, registration management, transportation, accommodation, conference rooms reservations, maintaining contacts with participants as required;
- Supports in administrative tasks such as drafting of routine correspondence, Notes Verbales, communication with service providers, interpreters, experts and other relevant counterparts;
- Provides overall assistance and backstopping of substantive, administrative and logistical matters, and assists in researching information and data and drafting, collects inputs, compiles, translates and edits;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Relevant work experience in an International Organisation, NGO or National Administration would be an asset;
- Ability to follow instructions, showing initiative and being proactive;
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds;
- High flexibility, ability to work under time pressure, to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibility to meet deadlines;
- Capacity to work as a team member and independently;
- Excellent diplomatic skills, adaptability and flexibility.
- University degree or currently enrolled at university in business administration, international cooperation, project development and implementation, development studies, international relations, law, European studies, public administration, economics, social or political science, or other related field;
- Computer proficiency (Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel) is essential;
- Excellent verbal, written English and interpersonal communication skills.
ICMPD offers a monthly fee of EUR 500,00, and will provide accident insurance for the duration of the internship. However, travel expenses will not be reimbursed and Health insurance is the responsibility of the incumbent.
The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with ICMPD.
PLEASE NOTE: An intern is not a staff member of ICMPD. An intern who is a non-citizen of the country in which the duty station is situated is responsible for obtaining any necessary visas and for complying with local laws regarding registration with the local authorities.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated above. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applicants are expected to be available for a personal/telephone interview.
In the event of a technical issue with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy or to cancel the recruitment.
Selected candidates will have to provide a signed statement of exclusivity and availability, as well as evidence supporting the educational and professional experience record as per their application.
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
Reagujte na túto ponuku, napíšte na email@example.com