Based in Brussels, INEA has been established by Commission Decision in December 2013, in accordance with Council Regulation (EC) No. 58/2003 of 19 December 2002.
INEA is managing the technical and financial implementation of parts of the Commission’s programme Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) for transport, energy and telecommunications, as well as parts of the specific objectives "Smart Green and integrated transport" and "Secure, clean and efficient energy" of part III societal challenges of the Horizon 2020 Specific Programme. It also continues with the implementation of the legacy of the Trans-European transport network programme and the legacy of the Marco Polo programme.
INEA will have an important extension in the coming years, and the purpose of this publication is therefore to set up a reserve list which will be used to cover these growing needs of the Agency.
Audit – External Audit Manager
External Audit Manager
The external audit manager will be part of Unit R2’s external audit team and will work under the supervision of the external audit team leader.
- Contribute to the elaboration and efficient implementation of the INEA external audit programme through contribution to the planning, performance, follow-up and reporting of on-the-spot audits of Beneficiaries receiving EU funding under the Agency’s supervision.
- Execute and follow-up financial audits aiming at providing ex-post assurance on the eligibility of expenditure, legality and regularity of cost statements accompanying requests for payments submitted by the Beneficiaries of EU funds.
- Prepare summary and full audit reports within deadlines; communicate internally and externally the findings and follow-up on their implementation.
- Contribute to the programming, quality check and follow-up of audits subcontracted to external audit firms.
- Ensure record of audit findings and follow up in the audit monitoring system of the Agency.
- Ensure liaison on audit matters with the European Court of Auditors, the Horizon 2020 Common Audit Service, the Internal Audit Service and other Commission’s services.
- Contribute to the assurance of the (sub) Delegated Authorising Officer(s) on the eligibility of expenditure and reliability of cost statements accompanying requests for payments submitted by Beneficiaries through regular reporting and contribution to INEA’s Annual Activity Report.
- Prepare timely replies to requests from Commission Services and other European Institutions, Member States and the general public for the interpretation of control provisions and the compliance of claims with EU legislation.
- Contribute to the development of guidelines in relation to specific control objectives and the implementation of effective control systems.
- Organise and / or present papers in training courses.
- The job foresees regular audit missions, approximately 1 per month on average, lasting several days.
INTERVIEW PERIOD – FROM :
INTERVIEW PERIOD : TO
A – Written tests (30 min)
a) A case study in English designed to test:
your knowledge in the field of the profile,
your ability to understand, analyse and summarise,
your drafting ability.
This test will be marked out of 40 (pass mark: 20).
Total time allowed for this test: 30 minutes.
B – Oral test (30 min)
Interview with the Selection Committee in English to assess:
your suitability to carry out the duties of an Audit Manager,
your specialist knowledge in the field of audits ,
your communication, inter-personal and problem-solving skills
your general knowledge about the INEA and related policies,
your motivation and your ability to adjust to working as a contract agent in a multicultural environment.
This test will be marked out of 100 (pass mark: 50).
Both the oral and written tests will be combined on a total of 140. Pass mark: 84 out of 140.
Candidates receiving at least the pass mark (84 out 140), all tests combined, will be included in the reserve list of suitable candidates. Please note that inclusion in the reserve list does not guarantee recruitment.
For applications to be valid, candidates must submit:
- a detailed curriculum vitae, in EU CV format ;
- a letter of motivation, including his/her views on the proposed position (2 pages maximum);
Your EPSO candidate ID number and the reference of CAST must be mentioned in your CV and motivation letter.
Please note that the motivation letter forms an essential basis for the pre-selection decision.
Applications must be submitted through the eRecruitment system on our website at
Closing date: Applications must be sent no later than 28th August 2015 midnight.
Supporting documents showing evidence of the provided information may be requested at a later stage. No document will be sent back to candidates.
Candidates are invited to apply in English to facilitate the selection process.
In no circumstances should candidates approach the Selection Committee themselves, either directly or indirectly concerning this recruitment. The authority authorised to conclude contracts reserves itself the right to disqualify any candidate who disregards these instructions.
APPOINTMENT AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The jobholder will be recruited as contract agent, in function group IV, pursuant to Article 3a of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities (CEOS).
The basic monthly salary within this function group will depend on the number of years of relevant professional experience at appropriate level (in function group IV, either grade 13, grade 14 or grade 16).
The jobholder will serve a probation period of nine months.
The initial contract will be for a duration of 2 years and may be renewed.
The place of employment will be Brussels where the Agency has its activities.
For further information on the legal framework of contract agents see the web site of the Directorate-General for Human Resources and Security (DG HR) on the internet at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CONSLEG:1962R0031:20140101:EN:PDF
PUBLICATION START DATE
PUBLICATION END DATE
PUBLICATION EXTENSION DATE
- Be included in the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO) data base for contract agents in function group IV in a field appropriate to the profile of the post and have successfully passed the EPSO selection tests for that function group or having successfully passed a competition that has been certified by EPSO (Please note that candidates who are on a valid EPSO list published in 2010 (CAST2010) are eligible on the condition they have successfully passed the complementary tests (DB3), as an Annex to the selection procedure CAST2010. The candidates concerned are invited to consult the letter they received from EPSO for further information).
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma ;
- Or, When in a member state of the European Union access to a profession of an equivalent level to function group IV is by State examination, professional training or any other equivalent procedure, the authority authorized to conclude contract of employment may agree to recognize this qualification as being equivalent to a university degree;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Communities and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU language to the extent necessary to perform his/her duties.
OTHER ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
In addition, in order to be eligible a candidate must:
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen;
- meet the appropriate character reference as to his/her suitability for the performance of his/her duties;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service, and;
- be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
- 3 years of professional experience in audit.
- Knowledge of European Union policies.
- Very good command of the English language in the technical fields concerned.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and international environment.
- High degree of organisational skills and ability to work under pressure.
Professional experience in an EU Institution, in particular as an External Auditor.
Experience of developing multi-annual audit strategies and calculation of error rates.
Experience of diverse audit sampling approaches and statistical analysis of audit results.
Knowledge of European Public procurement law and the associated audit risks and challenges
Good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
Knowledge and/or experience in the fields of Economics, Accounting, Financial Management.
An operational knowledge of German would be an asset.
The Agency will invite to the interview and test phase a maximum of 10 candidates.
- English (Proficient C2)
- French (Proficient C1)
- German (Proficient C1)
UPDATES ON THE APPLICATION PROCESS
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to all candidates by email to confirm the reception of their application.
All candidates will be informed in due time about the processing of their application, either they are invited for the selection procedure as described above or not. These notifications will be sent by email only.
A candidate may request clarifications about the processing of his/her application by sending an email quoting the reference of the vacancy notice concerned, at the following address INEA-HR-INFO@ec.europa.eu.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, APPEAL PROCEDURE & DATA PROTECTION
The European Union institutions apply a policy of equal opportunities and accept applications without discrimination on the ground of sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
A candidate who feels that a mistake was made in the assessment of his/her profile may ask to have it re-assessed by sending, within 15 calendar days of the date on the email notifying the rejection of his/her application, a request for review, quoting the number of the selection procedure concerned to the Chairman of the Selection Committee at the following address: INEA-HR-INFO@ec.europa.eu.
The selection board will reconsider the application and notify the candidate of its decision within 15 working days of receipt of the letter.
The purpose of processing of the data submitted by candidates is to manage the applications in view of a possible pre-selection and recruitment at the INEA. The personal information requested from candidates will be processed in line with Regulation (EC) N°45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.