Názov www stránky Office of the International Organization of Migration in the Slovak Republic
Office of the International Organization of Migration (IOM) in the Slovak Republic is seeking for a candidate for the position of Project Assistant.
Position Title: Project Assistant
Duty Station: Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- Monthly base salary in a range of 1,000 – 1,250 EUR
- Full time position – 40 hours work week
Type of Appointment: Special short term ungraded contract, till 31 March 2021
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 17 October 2020
Under the supervision of the Project Assistant for Project Development and Coordination and overall guidance of the Head of Office (HoO), the incumbent will be responsible for assistance in the implementation of all project/s activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing comprehensive legal counselling to clients, personally, via email or telephone;
- Collect and regularly update relevant data and legal documents in a database of information;
- Prepare records on individual cases, performs case management and maintain clients’ folders;
- Assist in development of outreach services in all regions of Slovakia including preparation of information sessions, community workshops and other communication opportunities and provision of immigration advice to the target group;
- Assist in development of information materials and other supporting documents for target groups;
- Continuously process the reports from outreach activities and participate in preparation of monitoring reports as appropriate;
- Assist in preparation of visibility materials in form of presentations, photos, articles, short films or other such as required;
- Prepare reports, briefings, background information, narratives and statistical analysis as necessary and required;
- Gather and archive data, information and supporting documentation necessary for the project implementation;
- Actively participate in the meetings of the project team, as well as attend official meetings and appointments if needed;
- Act as interpreter/translator (Slovak-English, English-Slovak);
- Perform general office maintenance tasks including correspondence, market surveys; logistics, and procurement of technical equipment and office supplies;
- Assist in evaluation and reviewing of the project progress, including financial monitoring of the relevant budget expenditures in order to ensure effective planning of project activities;
- Participate in other project-related activities, as needed;
- Perform other duties assigned by the HoO.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master´s degree in Law.
- Minimum one year of legal experience or relevant legal counselling;
- Good orientation in migration law of the Slovak Republic and human rights law;
- Experience working with migrants, migration management, and international migration issues – an advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills with a commitment to provide respectful, culturally-competent communication, including an awareness and acceptance of cultural differences; basic knowledge of diverse cultures and environments; and the skills to adapt communication skills to fit cultural context;
- Good communication, analytical and organisation skills;
- Personal commitment, efficiency and drive for results;
- Experience in developing and implementing project activities related to migration issues- an advantage;
- Experience in working with representatives of governmental institutions, civil society and the private sector;
- Knowledge of migration and integration issues;
- Computer skills – user;
– Microsoft Excel – advanced
– Microsoft Word – advanced
– Microsoft PowerPoint – advanced
- Driving licence B;
- Strong planning skills and strong in keeping deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and also in a team;
- Flexible, reliable team player with proven networking, negotiation, and partnership building skills;
- Ability to function effectively and harmoniously in a fast-paced, cross-cultural work environment;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Comfortable operating at different levels;
- Ability to take initiative and act with autonomy; personal commitment, creative thinking and drive for results.
- Fluency in English and Slovak is required.
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – CV and Cover Letter to iombratislavaHR@iom.int by 17 October 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
Reagujte na túto ponuku, napíšte na iombratislavaHR@iom.int