Názov www stránky OSCE Secretariat
ISSUED BY: OSCE Secretariat
VACANCY NUMBER: VNSECG01490
VACANCY TYPE: Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE: General Administration
NUMBER OF POSTS: 1
DUTY STATION: Vienna
DATE OF ISSUE: 27 November 2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 23 December 2019 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Please note that this position is funded under an Extra-Budgetary (ExB) Project which runs until 30 June 2021.
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
The OSCE Secretariat in Vienna assists the Chairmanship in its activities, and provides operational and administrative support to the field operations, and, as appropriate, to other institutions.
The Transnational Threats Department (TNTD), as part of the OSCE Secretariat in Vienna, Austria, plays a key role as the focal point of OSCE-wide programmatic activities aiming at countering transnational threats and ensuring co-ordination and coherence of action across all three OSCE dimensions, among all executive structures while respecting their mandates.
The TNTD comprises the Co-ordination Cell (CC), the Strategic Police Matters Unit (SPMU), the Action against Terrorism Unit (ATU) and the Border Security and Management Unit (BSMU). Within the TNT Department, the Action against Terrorism Unit (TNTD/ATU) acts as the focal point for OSCE counter terrorism activities. The Unit assists OSCE participating States in implementing anti-terrorism commitments, thereby enhancing their overall capacities to prevent and combat terrorism. The Unit currently consists of 9 UB staff members, with one post table project assistant and one post table office assistant.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, in close co-ordination with the Senior Project Assistant and under the strategic direction of the Senior Advisor for Anti-Terrorism Issues, the incumbent will provide administrative and logistical support and assist in the implementation of TNTD/ATU extra-budgetary (ExB) project No. 1102014 “Implementation of the ‘Leaders against intolerance and Violent Extremism’ (LIVE) Training Courses”. More specifically the Project Clerk will be responsible for:
- In co-ordination with the Project Manager and Senior Project Assistant, performing general office support services for the project including a variety of administrative duties such as meeting, seminar and event organization, procurement of venues in co-ordination with OSCE field operations, travel arrangements, reservations, and supplier and liability release forms and preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents such as travel requests, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.;
- Drafting of procurement documents and consultant terms of reference;
- Travelling and attending project activities, as assigned;
- Drafting correspondence and documents including meeting notes, administrative reports, minutes and meeting reports, and replying for routine correspondence;
- Formatting and distributing of relevant materials to training facilitators and participants; preparing files for activities;
- Collecting information for project progress reports and other narrative and financial reports on the implementation of the ExB project from relevant stakeholders while using existing monitoring tools;
- Collecting information on project topics and preparing information for meetings, background files and power point presentations;
- Maintaining files (both paper and electronic) and databases, updating and maintaining distribution lists, maintaining proper records of project-related activities and correspondence, and collecting relevant statistics;
- Assisting in the preparation and promotion of social media posts;
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the Department of Transnational Threats, please see: http://www.osce.org/secretariat
- Completed secondary education;
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience working in clerical or administrative positions;
- Strong drafting and reporting skills;
- Demonstrated organization and administration skills, including prior experience in organizing meetings and/or conferences;
- Professional fluency in English, including excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of other OSCE languages, especially Russian is an asset;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction, is EUR 2,897. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Austria. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Please note that appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.osce.org.