Názov www stránky Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants
Vacancy for Advocacy Traineeship at the Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM)
9 September 2019 – 28 February 2020 (6 months)
PICUM, the Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants, is a network of organisations working to ensure social justice and human rights for undocumented migrants. Grounded in principles of social justice, anti-racism and equality, PICUM works to ensure that all migrants are entitled to a dignified standard of living and respect for their fundamental rights. Bringing together the experiences and expertise of its members, PICUM provides a platform to engage policy makers and the general public in the full realisation of the rights of undocumented migrants.
Based in Brussels, the PICUM secretariat leads the network’s advocacy, alliabce-building, communications and research activities at the EU and international levels. Unlike its members working on the frontline, PICUM’s secretariat does not provide direct assistance to undocumented migrants but works to build a strong civil society network to support and give visibility to national-level efforts, and to promote non-discriminatory policies and practices.
The successful candidate will play an important role in PICUM’s daily work, mainly assisting the advocacy officers by following policy agendas, supporting engagement with PICUM members, and carrying out research support, administration, event organisation, and dissemination of policy and advocacy outputs. The work experience will provide an opportunity to gain hands-on experience with and insights into the different facets of operating an international NGO network and working towards social and policy change in the area of human rights for undocumented migrants.
For the period from 9 September 2019 – 28 February 2020, the candidate will contribute to PICUM’s work in the following areas:
- Support the PICUM staff with general administrative tasks, including contact and database management and information requests.
- Assist with organising and following up on PICUM internal and external events, including PICUM’s member groups and liaising with PICUM members.
- Assist in producing content for PICUM’s newsletters, blogs, social media items.
- Assist PICUM’s Advocacy Officers with background research, contact management, drafting of papers and other written materials, attend and reports on events in Brussels.
- Follow relevant EU policy agendas and deepen your expertise in at least two of PICUM’s strategic areas of work.
- Translate texts from English into other languages (depending on language skills).
- Work flexibly alongside other members of the PICUM team to take on reasonable tasks as appropriate over and above those set out above.
- University degree
- Knowledge of and an interest in learning more about issues concerning undocumented migrants and human rights.
- Full professional proficiency of English (oral and written)
- Strong writing skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and under tight deadlines
- Some legal training / coursework
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Experience in event organisation
The work is full time (37,5 hours / week) and is carried out in PICUM’s office in Brussels, Belgium.
Starting date: Monday, 9 September 2019
Ending date: Friday, 28 February 2020
PICUM will provide the candidate with a Belgian contract of ‘Professional Immersion’ (‘Convention d’immersion professionnelle’) with a remuneration of € 796.91 per month, plus local transport costs and meal vouchers.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 21 July 2019 at midnight (CET). Please send the completed application form in English to Laetitia Van der Vennet at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with your last name, first name and PICUM traineeship in the subject line.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Friday 26 July. Please note that due to the large number of applications and our limited capacity, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will take place at PICUM’s secretariat on Tuesday 6 August 2019. Interviews on Skype are possible.
*Disclaimer: EURACTIV Slovensko nie je zodpovedný za obsah zverejnenej pracovnej ponuky.
Reagujte na túto ponuku, napíšte na email@example.com