The Quoted Companies Alliance is the independent membership organisation that champions the interests of small to mid-size quoted companies. We are currently recruiting for an interim Head of Policy position (maternity cover contract) to join the team, starting mid-September 2016.
- Developing the Quoted Companies Alliance’s policy strategy
- Developing and executing campaigns on key policy issues
- Drafting policy positions and communicating these to other relevant organisations, government officials and regulators
- Managing the Quoted Companies Alliance’s seven Expert Groups (made up of professionals covering financial reporting, corporate governance, tax, secondary market, share schemes, legal and corporate finance issues)
- Managing the policy team
- Reporting to Chief Executive/Board on policy developments/key issues
- Monitoring policy issues in relevant Government/EU dossiers
- Liaising with Expert Group members to develop policy positions or consultation responses
- Submitting responses to consultation papers and ensuring a clear policy position is articulated
- Coordinating the revision of the Expert Groups’ technical guides (e.g. Corporate Governance Code)
- Maintaining relationship and liaising with EuropeanIssuers, our European membership organisation representing issuers
- Writing content for internal newsletters and other communications
- Liaising with the Head of Marketing & Events on communications strategy and activities
- Maintaining relationship and liaising with other stakeholders and counterparts
- Meeting with regulators and policymakers on policy issues to communicate QCA policy positions
- Sitting on various groups as a QCA representative, including the EI Policy Committee and the IRSG Expert and Engagement Group
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role would suit someone with an interest in policymaking, regulation and campaigning. It is a broad role, covering many topics, which will provide someone with a strong foundation in issues affecting equity markets and particularly small and mid-size quoted companies.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Strong communication skills, especially writing skills (including experience with proof-reading/editing)
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build a rapport
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience managing a small team
- Computer skills (especially experience using Microsoft Office)
- Masters degree in a relevant field and/or relevant professional qualification
- Knowledge of equity markets
- Knowledge of UK/EU legislative procedures
- Experience liaising with Government/EU institutions in a similar role
This is a 12-month, fixed-term maternity cover position and the salary is £40,000 – £45,000 gross per annum pro rata, dependent on experience.
This is a full-time position Monday-Friday (9am to 5.30pm) based in London. There will be instances when you will be required to attend meetings and events, some of which are outside office hours and some of which are outside of London (usually Brussels or Paris).
Please note that you must have leave to remain and permission to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor any work permits. All successful applicants will, therefore, be asked to provide us with documentary evidence to support their entitlement to work in the UK prior to commencing their new role.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and your CV to Maria Gomes by email (email@example.com) by 22 August 2016. Early applications are encouraged as we may interview suitable candidates ahead of the closing date. No recruiters or telephone calls please.