Event Management – starting date ASAP
The Assembly of European Regions is the political organisation of the regions of Europe and a representative of their interests at the European and international levels. Its mission: to defend the interests of the regions in the political process and to develop interregional cooperation. Regions from 35 countries and 15 interregional organisations are members of the AER.
We are looking for an intern to assist us in our Brussels office on organizing the content, logistics and promotion of the numerous events AER organises throughout the year. Under the supervision of the AER membership and institutional relations’ coordinator, the intern will identify the right speakers, work on the meetings’ formats and contribute to the content and management of the website and digital tools’. Finally, the intern will assist the team in general office management tasks.
– persuasive, tenacious and sociable
– some experience in using WordPress is preferable
– good command of digital tools (news alert, social media…)
– meticulous and consistent in executing tasks
– ability to work independently and autonomously
– excellent command of English
– a sense of organisation, initiative and responsibility
The AER offers interns the opportunity to:
– be in contact with high ranking politicians and opinion-leaders
– learn about regionalisation and related current European political issues
– work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment
– develop personal responsibility and initiative
– gain invaluable experience in a professional environment
The internship period will be between 4 and 6 months, starting as soon as possible. From their arrival onward, interns are considered as full team members.
For all internships within the AER, a contract must be signed by the AER and the intern’s home University/School/Institute.
Please note that this is a non-negociable condition.
Financial, administrative and insurance conditions
Interns receive a monthly financial compensation for their training period of 150 EUR. Travel and living costs must be met by the interns.
Interns that are not citizens of an EU country must make sure that they fulfil all legal requirements (residence permit, visa etc.) as specified by Belgian law for foreigners.
Interns must also ensure that they are correctly insured during their stay in Brussels.
Interns are to respect the working hours, organisation and general rules of the AER Team.
They will respect the confidentiality of the information brought to their attention during their training period within the AER.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and application letter in English by 1 March with email reference „event management“: internship(at)aer.eu
Please note that due to a large number of applications, only successful candidates will receive an answer.