Ecsite is the European network of science centres and museums. We represent more than 350 organisations across Europe and the world, active in science engagement: communicating scientific subjects and skills to the public and facilitating democratic dialogue between science and society. Our friendly, cosmopolitan Brussels office is looking for an intern to work alongside the project management team.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in project management, find out how EU-funded projects work to implement the EU’s research and innovation agenda, and experience the dynamic field of science engagement and communication.
- Undergraduate degree
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficiency in social media
- Ability to synthetise, organise and present ideas
- Interest for science communication/museum field
- Ability to work as a team
- Current enrolment for a higher education course allowing internships, preferably master’s degree
You will be working alongside the project management team assisting with the successful management of EU-funded projects such as ERC=ScienceSquared, Sparks, Hypatia, Sea Change, Nano2All and Space Awareness. Some travel within Europe might be required. Your tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in organising events
- Disseminating project results through various channels including social media
- Liaising with project partners
- Writing articles/deliverables
- Attending events/conferences
Duration: minimum 3 months, full time; desirable 6 months, full time or part time*
Starting date: December 2017 (can be negotiated)
Placement venue: Avenue Louise 89, 1050 Ixelles, Belgium
*For those students interested in a 6-month internship, a flexible part-time schedule can be arranged.
Email your CV and a cover letter to Cristina Paca, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview (Skype possible) within two weeks of their application.
Please note this is an unpaid internship arranged through an internship agreement with the applicant’s higher education institution.