According to their field of interest applicants can choose the main area in which they would like to be involved: organisation of events and meetings (Programme), documentation and resources (DRC), the Centre’s website (Website) and finances and general administration (Administration).
28 February for the period July to December
31 August for the period January to June of the following year
- be graduate or postgraduate students;
- have very good knowledge of English or French which are the Council of Europe working languages, and, if possible, a basic knowledge of German;
- be accurate and pay attention to detail, especially when dealing with figures;
- be interested in accounting and administrative tasks;
- be motivated and capable of working efficiently in a team and within the overall framework of the European Centre for Modern Languages.
Trainees receive a subsistence allowance of approximately €720 per month, which is transferred by the Council of Europe at the end of each month. From this, a deduction of approximately € 20 is made each month from the trainees allowance to cover the costs of insurance during the stay.