Trainee MENA Programme
The European Institute of Peace (EIP) is a new initiative contributing to the peace agenda of Europe and promoting innovative approaches for conflict mediation and peacebuilding. The EIP works actively to support international and local dialogue processes and conflict resolution efforts in the MENA-region. We are now looking to hire a trainee to support EIP programme activities in the region, with a particular focus on the conflicts in Syria and Libya. The trainee will support running activities managed by the project team and report directly to the Syria and Libya program managers.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct research, conflict mapping and analysis relating to Syria and Libya
- Analysing social media trends and managing the Syria and Libya news watch;
- Supporting the team and consultants with logistics, administrative issues etc.;
- Assisting in preparing donor proposals and reports;
- Assisting in planning and organizing meetings, workshops and other events within the MENA Programme, including administrative support;
- Managing and maintaining meeting documentation;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications and requirements in order to be considered:
- University degree in political science, international law, international relations, sociology, or related field;
- Perfect command of English and Arabic (reading and writing);
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Experience of working with local communities and interest groups of the MENA-region.
- Experience of conducting academic research on the Middle East;
- Previous work experience in communications and outreach an asset;
- Ability to work well under deadlines;
- A relevant post-graduate diploma/degree;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team;
- Belgium work permit or EU citizenship
- Paid traineeship (1,000€ per month)
- 6-month contract with a possibility of extension
- Benefits include luncheon vouchers and contribution to public transportation ticket
- 40h/work week
Deadline for application is 9th of May. Late applications will not be considered.
Please submit your CV with a motivation letter to email@example.com, clearly specifying the Traineeship for the MENA Programme.
Final candidates will be contacted for an interview. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries or pop-up visits.