Duration: 4+ months, 40 hours per week
Start date: Flexible
Salary: 1000 CHF per month
The Flowminder Foundation is a non-profit organisation registered in Stockholm, Sweden with a large staff contingent located in Southampton, UK. Their mission is to improve public health and welfare in low- and middle-income countries. The data they provide are global public goods. They work with governments, intergovernmental organizations and NGOs. Flowminder collects, aggregates, integrates and analyses anonymous mobile operator data, satellite, and household survey data. Flowminder often works with extremely large datasets, composed of billions of data points. Their analyses enable us to map the distributions, movements and characteristics of vulnerable populations in low- and middle-income countries. They help save lives by providing analyses and decision support to all relevant parties, based on the latest academic advances. Their work includes both research and operations, aimed towards having a concrete impact on vulnerable populations
The Flowminder Foundation is offering unique internship positions to support senior management team in their Geneva headquarters. Interns will support the Executive Director and key personnel in a range of activities including: administration, research, contract management, project management and event management. This position comprises a strong involvement in the Executive Director’s daily activities, including organising travel, taking meeting minutes, researching information, and compiling briefings.
The ideal candidate for the Internship will possess:
- A strong interest in our organisation and a desire to help us achieve our goals in improving lives.
- A university level degree, or be in their final year of study for such a degree.
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of French is a plus
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent punctuality, and time management skills
- Good research skills
- A sociable and personable nature
- Computer literate and a fast learner
- Ability to work independently and a good sense of initiative
- A positive attitude and desire to learn
- Dynamic, ability to work in fast past rapidly changing environments.
To apply for an internship at Flowminder please submit a covering letter and CV in ONE .pdf and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Please submit all applications only by email to „careers+INTGVA0317@