Habitat for Humanity International’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Since 1976, Habitat has helped more than 9.8 million people obtain a safer place to sleep at night, along with the strength, stability and independence to build better lives. Habitat also advocates for fair and just housing policies and provides training and access to resources to help more families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat’s global mission was made possible thanks to its many generous donors and the hands and hearts of 1.8 million volunteers. As a non-profit Christian ministry, Habitat works in more than 70 countries and welcomes people of all races, religions and nationalities to partner in its mission. To get more information, to donate or to volunteer, please visit www.habitat.org.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
We are currently seeking to recruit an exciting position with Habitat for Humanity International, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA):
Partnership Management Intern (Paid Internship)
Come and join the international team and support partnership management activities in Habitat’s regional office which manages multi-million partnerships all around the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)! All these partnerships are managed in our regional office in Bratislava and you can be part of this team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern will be supporting global multi-million partnerships within our regional office (EMEA) and the main responsibilities include:
- support new & ongoing global partnerships with our donors (account management)
- Internet research and creating donor profiles
- Gathering information about Habitat projects around the world from other Habitat offices
- Creating presentations, background materials, reports, proposals and other documents for already established partnerships and new acquisitions
- Maintenance of internal partnership database
- Ad hoc assistance tasks related to the partnership management and other fundraising activities
- Cooperation with international staff – the intern will gain valuable cross cultural experience while working in international team
- Intern will report to Partnership Management assistants
Working time – approximately 20hrs per week (flexible)
PAID Long-term Internship in International NGO/suitable only for students
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- University student with an interest in work in an INGO
- Must be a full time University student
- Fluency in English is a must
- Very good computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in a long term internship for at least a year in international environment with focus on the development of the housing solutions for the people in need in the world
If you’d like to join the global team in Bratislava and you qualify within the specified job requirements, submit your motivation letter and CV as ONE DOCUMENT in English to Human Resources at email@example.com. Closing date for applications: April 28, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To find out more about Habitat for Humanity, visit http://www.habitat.org/emea