Job description, responsibilities and duties
Internet Intern is part of the Communications department and reports to the Associate Director, Communications.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating EMEA pages on the Habitat.org website, including biweekly updates to the homepage and postings of press releases and other stories as needed.
• Manage Habitat EMEA social media accounts and traffic – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Maintain and annually update specialized sections pages of the website, including but not limited to GV, corporate partnerships, microfinance, etc.
• Work with web masters in HQ to resolve technical issues in posting materials, customize and adjust relevant HQ content or applications to the regional pages.
• Compile basic monthly internet statistics.
• Provide basic web support and guidance for EMEA program countries.
• Work with vendors and external contributors on necessary web developments or designs.
• Maintain and regularly update information and subscriptions to relevant domains.
• Develop and design online banners and other visual elements for the EMEA monthly e-newsletters, put together monthly mailings for internal and external newsletters.
• Update mailing database once a month with new contacts.
• Compile basic mailing statistics.
• Work with designers to develop banners and ads to promote Habitat EMEA programs and information.
• Create picture slideshows or short videos for distribution on social media channels and the web.
Working time – approximately 20hrs per week (flexible)
Employee perks, benefits
Information about the selection process
If you’d like to join the global team in Bratislava and you qualify within the specified job requirements, submit your motivation letter and CV as ONE DOCUMENT (with position#) in English to Human Resources at email@example.com. Closing date for applications: 14 October 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To find out more about Habitat for Humanity, visit http://www.habitat.org/
Expected date of completion of the selection process
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
Computer skills – user
Adobe Photoshop – basic
Google Analytics – basic
Computer skills – programmer
Personality requirements and skills
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent or relevant work experience.
• Thorough knowledge of web site maintenance process, architecture, and navigation protocols.
• Basic web development, HTML skills.
• Experience in graphic design and ability to create and edit visuals using computer software (Adobe Creative Suite).
• Experience in web marketing and web promotion preferred.
• Ability to compile, analyze and maintain statistics and other technology metrics (Google Analytics experience preferred).
• Excellent command of English, especially in writing
811 03 Bratislava