With over 600 members in 95 countries the ICC Banking Commission is a worldwide forum of trade finance experts whose common aim is to facilitate international trade finance across the world. Each year the Banking Commission hosts commission meetings with the participation of many business leaders from the banking industry, multilateral organizations and development banks, including WTO and World Bank.
The ICC Banking Commission is seeking to appoint an intern to support the management and administration of its projects and activities.
Department: Policy and Business Practices
Geographic location: ICC Global Headquarters – Paris, France
Duration: From 4 months to 6 months (negotiable)
Responsibilities will include administrative and substantive tasks:
– Assist the management of the ICC Trade Register project in partnership with 25+ tier-one banks and the consultants assigned to it.
– Assist in production of the ICC Banking Commission Market Intelligence Products, including the annual global survey on trade finance.
– Support strategic decision making process of the banking commission leadership and the flow of information internal and external
– Support the overall activities of the ICC Banking Commission, including the policy and rules-writing work and the range of projects generated by the Commission.
– Possibility of assisting other ICC Commission(s)
– Be currently enrolled in a master programme (or equivalent) in business, finance, international relations, international management or related disciplines, and will continue to be enrolled during the period of the internship
– Fluent/native English speaker with solid English-writing skills, French is an advantage
– Skills and comfort working with website back office updates, basic email newsletters and social media
– Mature mindset, self-motivated to be diligent, meticulous and timely in carrying out the required duties
– Competent time-management and organizational skills, experience managing competing priorities and wisdom to know when to ask
– Previous exposure to Trade Finance and Banking issues and/or an interest in topics such as trade finance gap, SME’s, international trade, business and the banking industry in general.
– Someone comfortable making their contribution within a dynamic team and who finds an international environment part of the appeal
– Internships are remunerated according to French law. Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
– A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement („convention de stage“) will not be considered
– The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: „assurance responsabilité civile“) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
– Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to Mauricio Mejia at email@example.com before the end of February 2016. Intern to start as soon as possible.