About the Internship Programme
Internship applications are open all year round. The International Anti-Corruption Academy (IACA) accepts a limited number of interns each year.
The Internship Programme is designed for students enrolled in Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD (or equivalent) university programmes and recent graduates wishing to develop and broaden their professional skills and gain working experience in an international environment. Internships are offered in areas such as external relations, event organization, communications, marketing, law, programme development and organization, administration, and IT.
Internships are on a full-time basis for a period of three to six months and take place at the IACA campus in Laxenburg, Austria.
Interns are personally responsible for obtaining any required visas for Austria and for complying with local laws including residency registration.
The Internship Programme is not remunerated. Costs arising from travel, accommodation, mandatory health insurance, and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern. An internship does not constitute any commitment to future employment with IACA. However, interns may apply for vacancy notices as external candidates at any time during and after their internship.
The candidate’s application should include an up-to-date résumé or curriculum vitae, which also contains the names and contact details of two references who are familiar with his/her qualifications. The curriculum vitae should be accompanied by a concise cover letter (max. 400 words) outlining the applicant’s interest in the Internship Programme, relevant experience (academic and non-academic), and perceived benefit of completing an internship at IACA. Applicants are also asked to include their availability in the application package.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to:
International Anti-Corruption Academy Muenchendorfer Strasse 2
2361 Laxenburg Austria
Terms of Reference
Intern – Communications and Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Senior Coordinator for Advocacy and Communications, the intern will assist the team with the following duties:
- Helping to develop marketing and promotion concepts for each of IACA’s various programmes, trainings, and other activities
- Looking at innovative ways to promote IACA as a whole, reflecting its dual character as an international organization and an educational institution
- Creating promotional content to be disseminated via IACA’s website, social media accounts, and other channels
- Making administrative and logistical arrangements for conferences, trainings, information campaigns, and knowledge-sharing events
- Helping to procure goods for IACA’s merchandise store and other purposes, and carrying out market analyses of potential suppliers
- Preparing merchandise invoices and sales, checking revenues, and maintaining an up- to-date inventory of merchandise stocks
- Other tasks as may be
The candidate is currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD (or equivalent) university programme at a recognized university, or has graduated from university no more than five years prior to applying for the internship, in marketing, communications, or related fields. Excellent command of the English language is required, as are excellent computer capabilities (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge in handling DSLR cameras and photo editing tools would be an asset.