Crisis Group is seeking a full-time voluntary intern to assist its Development/Fundraising Department for a period of six months starting 23rd January 2017. The volunatry intern will provide daily support to staff of the Government and Foundation Relations team in Crisis Group’s Brussels HQ. Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Development Team in prospect research, briefing notes, grant proposals and grant reports, and day-to-day grant and donor management;
- Support the development of communication materials for internal and external purposes;
- Support the development and organisation of data management tools to help streamline the Development Team’s work with other units;
- General administrative support, which includes enhancing and maintaining donor filing systems and support to the team as requested;
The position is primarily administrative in nature but offers an excellent opportunity to gain valuable fundraising experience in a high profile international NGO. The successful candidate will discover how an organisation approaches and cultivates relationships with institutional donors, including governments and foundations (Please find a list of our donors: https://www.crisisgroup.org/support-us/our-supporters). She/he will learn how to identify and link governmental foreign policy or institutional thematic priorities with Crisis Group activities and develop a prospecting rationale.
- A recent undergraduate/post-graduate degree;
- Well organised, communicative and interpersonal working attitude, keen to take initiative and collaborate in a team environment;
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently with tight deadlines;
- Fluency in verbal and written English; French or other European languages a strong advantage; the ability to draft briefs, reports and summarise text;
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa or other means of working in Belgium without work permit sponsorship from Crisis Group.
Please apply no later than CET midnight Sunday 18th December 2016.