Platená stáž na sekretariáte Transparency International v Berlíne – nový stážista by mal byť vysoko motivovaný a proaktívny študent. Stáž bude v tíme zaoberajúcom sa Európou a Strednou Áziou.
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: Assisting the programmatic work of the Europe and Central Asia team
Timeframe: May through December 2016
Duration: 3-6 months (preferably 6 months), depending on the type of internship pursued (see below)
Starting date: As soon as possible, ideally May 2016 (later starting dates might be possible)
Department: Europe and Central Asia (ECA)
Working hours: Full time (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Remuneration: EUR 450 per month
Location: TI Secretariat, Berlin, Germany
– Assisting with the implementation of ECA project work, particularly the projects “Whistleblowing in Europe: Supporting the agents for change” and “National integrity system assessments and tracking of anti-corruption progress in Western Balkans and Turkey”
– Conducting research and monitoring developments on issues such as whistleblowing protection, corruption prevention, public access to information, EU enlargement negotiations and neighbourhood policy
– Collecting whistleblowing stories from project partners (via email exchange, phone calls, etc.) and producing communication materials thereof
– Researching and monitoring fundraising opportunities, updating relevant fundraising materials
– Assisting in the preparation and organization of regional conferences, roundtables, launch events
– Supporting staff members of the department, including various administrative, logistical and note-taking tasks
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
– Must be enrolled in a graduate-study program during the entire period of the internship; education in political/social science, European studies or international relations desired
– Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential; a working knowledge of Spanish and/or Serbian and/or Albanian is an advantage
– Some knowledge of, and interest in the work of TI and the field of whistleblowing, anti-corruption and advocacy
– Demonstrated knowledge of the EU/European and/or Central Asian region; familiarity with the Balkans and Turkey and advantage
– Strong research and communications skills (oral and written), experience in organising events an asset
– Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Outlook and Excel)
– Some prior office experience desired
How to apply
To apply for this internship please send a maximum one page cover letter detailing your motivation and a maximum two page CV in English by email, to ECAInternshipPROG@transparency.org
The closing date for applications is 21 March 2016.
Candidates must be enrolled at a university during the entire period of the internship. The maximum duration of the internship possible would depend on whether the internship pursued would be a mandatory internship, i.e. a requirement for graduation, or a non-mandatory internship, i.e. pursued voluntarily during an academic programme.
Kindly note that a valid work permit for Germany is required and that interns must take out their own health insurance before starting the internship. Persons already registered as residents in Germany must submit their Tax Identification Number. Proof of enrollment must be provided irrespective of the type of internship pursued (mandatory or non-mandatory internship).
We thank all applicants for their interest in this internship. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications received it is unfortunately not possible to provide individualized feedback.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International visit our website at www.transparency.org.