McKinsey & Company is seeking an EU-trainee to join its Brussels based EU-CST (Client Service Team) providing support to develop and implement public sector business with the EU institutions.
- Master’s degree in European international relations, diplomacy, interdisciplinary, governance studies; applied economics or business management; political, social sciences or a related field – with excellent academic records
- Proven interest and/or emerging experience in European policies and the workings of the European institutions (+1 year of experience in working within the EU-institutions is a strong asset)
- Strong communication skills (written/oral) and sense of synthesis
- Excellent language skills – professional proficiency in English, fluency in French and/or further EU-languages
- Superior problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Professional attitude and service orientation
- Willing to work in a highly demanding international, flexible and result-oriented team environment
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who enjoys the challenges and rewards of research work in a dynamic and changing environment
- The position is located in Brussels
Who You’ll Work With
McKinsey & Company helps the world’s leading international, national, regional/local government institutions in addressing their most pressing managerial challenges and enabling them to better fulfil their mission to the public. McKinsey & Company is a management consulting firm that helps leading corporations and organisations make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance. With consultants deployed from more than 100 offices in over 60 countries, McKinsey advises leading institutions on all issues on their agenda, including strategy, operations, organisation, marketing, risk and technology.
Are you an EU-citizen and genuine believer in the European project? Would you find it truly exciting to be at the heart of insights and knowledge about the EU in full transformation and providing consultancy in its future challenges? Then we would strongly invite you to consider joining our EU CST in Belgium.
What You’ll Do
You will collect and analyse information to support our EU CST while furthering your EU expertise. You role will be an EU-tender/contract/research assistant.
Your primary job responsibilities will include collecting, analysing and synthesising information that will serve as critical inputs to our EU CST. It will include monitoring of EU-tenders and gathering information by policy area on EU-contracts, news, events and stakeholder activities on an ongoing base. You will also provide ad hoc research support for concrete tender proposals, providing in-depth research in specific EU-policy areas.
You will be expected to build a solid understanding of EU-policies and issues and develop distinctive areas of expertise in the EU-area. Your task will be to become the EU-expert providing the EU-angle/background to our worldwide content-experts in specific content fields.
The role offers you a unique chance to work in an ambitious, stimulating and international professional environment. It will give you career opportunities to grow into a world-class expert, being truly at the cutting edge of developments in the EU-business.
If this triggers your interest, feel free to apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter as soon as possible to HR_EU_CST@mckinsey.com to the attention of Katarina De Meulder, Senior Client Development Advisor, EU Public Sector.