ONE is a campaigning and advocacy organization of more than eight million people around the world taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight AIDS and other preventable, treatable diseases in the poorest places on the planet. We empower small-holder farmers, expand access to energy, and combat corruption to ensure governments are accountable to their citizens. ONE is strictly nonpartisan funded by individual philanthropists and corporations.
ONE’s members are critical to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Washington D.C., New York, London, Johannesburg, Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Ottawa and Abuja to educate and lobby governments to save and improve millions of lives.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need
The Policy and Advocacy Intern will work with our Brussels team to support our policy-related activities. The internship will be for six months in duration, beginning in January 2018. The intern will work from our office in Brussels and will report to the Policy and Advocacy Manager.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collect, analyse, and edit reports on important policy and advocacy issues and related topics
- Prepare and attend internal and external briefings and meetings, taking thorough notes and reporting back to the Policy & Advocacy Manager
- Update policy and advocacy materials and monitor parliamentary processes and stakeholders
- Provide research on policy and advocacy issues as required
- Monitor EU current affairs to keep the Brussels team informed
- Respond to public email enquiries
- Provide general administrative support as required
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or designee
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Student or recent graduate in International Development, Economics, Politics, Social Science, or the equivalent
- Excellent experience of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrable interest in campaigning, development issues, and Africa
- Excellent analytical and organizational capacities
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; French is desirable
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs.
The deadline for this posting is 5 December 2017.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in Belgium without any restrictions need apply.