Party of European Socialists
10-12 Rue Guimard
Party of European Socialists (PES)
Trainee on Migration & Democracy (fulltime)
The Party of European Socialists (PES) is a European political party, which brings together Socialist, Social Democratic, Democratic and Labour Parties of the European Union. There are 33 full member parties from the 28 EU member and Norway. In addition, there are eleven associate and ten observer parties. Our office is based in Brussels.
- Support the work of the PES Democracy Unit on Migration and Democracy;
- Provide research and briefings on Migration and Democracy issues;
- Supporting the drafting of political papers, for example policy papers, speeches and press material;
- Assistance in organizing meetings and events;
- Attending at congresses, conferences, meetings, seminars and preparing reports for the PES;
- Contribute to other duties as assigned.
- A commitment to the core values of the PES and political sensitivity and awareness;
- Preferably with experience working in one of our member parties, organisations or parliamentary groups;
- Very good understanding of EU institutions and politics;
- Academic background related to the specific fields;
- Experience in organizing meetings and events would be an asset;
- Excellent spoken and written English and at least one other EU language;
- High motivation and pro-activeness;
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Location: PES Headquarters, 10-12 Rue Guimard, Brussels
- Duration: a.s.a.p. for 6 months
- This is a paid internship
Please send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV, to Marije Laffeber, PES Deputy Secretary General, before 02/06/2017. Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: INTERN MIGRATION AND DEMOCRACY.
The PES promotes equal opportunities for women and men.